I am forcing myself to blog tonight, no promises of quality of content, but I have to get back in the swing of things...
Right now my life consists of peeing, eating, sleeping, and laying on one piece of furniture or another. Pregnancy rocks. It is the best of times and the worst of times....
No joke, I had no idea I could sleep this much. Or feel this terrible so many days in a row...or be required to eat so much. Eating has been the one constant joy in my life, and I feel totally robbed.
Eating feels like such a tortured chore...
But on to brighter news, the kids were ecstatic when we told them. Addy asks like every ten minutes when the baby is coming out. The best was when I actually stood up the other day and she was all "look mom, the baby is dwowing! Your stomach is bigger!" Thanks a heap, I don't thing the grain of rice sized baby did that...
The news with Colton is....he had a fundraiser for basketball and him and Kent managed to sell 104 items! If that doesn't get my kid more playing time, I might run his coach over in the parking lot. He brought his progress report home and he is meeting expectations in everything! I'm always super proud of him in school. He is hoping for a boy, but watching him with his little cousins, I know he'll be an awesome big brother to this baby no matter what...
Aubrey has to get reading glasses, which is totally what she was hoping for. Funny how it's such a cool thing now...she loved all the thicker frame glasses, and of course looked cute in every single pair. Her progress report showed she needs some help in reading and writing, but I'm hoping her glasses will make a big difference. When I would be reading with her, it was like I could tell her eyes were getting tired...the longer we read, the closer the book gets to her face and the more words she says wrong...she's sassy as ever, and actually had to get soap in her mouth the other day. That was fun. Why does she challenge me so??
Colton and Aubrey were both asked to unload the dishwasher and I even offered to pay them to load it. But within a 5 minute period they had been fighting and tattling on each other so much, I sent them to their rooms and did it all myself. I made them stay in there for about 2 hours. I am literally at my wits end with them. They are mean and bossy and terrible to each other all the time!! It's all I can do to get them off to school in the morning without ruining the whole day.
Addy is awesome as always. Yesterday we were laying on the couch together, me on my side, her kinda down by my legs with her head on my bum. I shifted my weight and she said "mom, don't move! I need something big and fluffy to lay on"...she is loving preschool and is always talking about all the rules...I posted this on Miss Molly's facebook page the other day...Addy said "miss Molly's rules are no scribbling, no painting on people's hands, and no touching your poop. And her last rule is no coloring on the table"...never a dull moment with that one. Her name suggestions for the baby have been Brownie, Golden Diamond, and I forget the other one right now...
Ok, this is as much as I can muster tonight...I almost forgot, I need to give a huge shout out to Linda for bringing us dinner tonight, and Danielle, for bringing me cookies AND medicine!!! I felt so spoiled!
Fingers crossed the medicine will cure my motion sickness without making me a tired mess...
Picture...
the adorable fighting thorn in my side....
and they're trusty sidekick....
6 comments:
I'm so glad yu blogged. I miss it! How about a different approach the the dynamic duo. Maybe you can have them earn some awesome reward and they earn it through it fighting? You know, like before school if they getting ready for school without fitting, criticizing or whatever, they earn so many points or jellybean sin jar or something. And then after school they can earn more. Then after dinner. And if they're trying to earn it together and it's something they both want... Idk. Just a suggestion. I'm sorry you're not feeling better. Wish I was there to knit with you or watch a movie or something. Give yourself a hug from me. ; )
Um...PREGNANT!!??! Congratulations! Sorry you feel like crap. I hate that. That's why there are only 2 children in this house. I hope you feel better soon or at least get moments of peace from all of it. I'm so excited for you! Congrats!! Sorry the kids are at each other's throats. Yeah, we deal with that here, too. There is no solution, I've decided. We just yell a lot or ignore a lot or yell some more. Makes me feel great about myself. Motherhood...what can you do? Take care of yourself. Love ya!
Best day ever! Sorry you feel like poo, but I'm glad Kent made it facebook official and you made it blog official so we can talk about you little grain of rice! Also, you can start threatening your kids that Mallary is going to spank them when I come to visit. That'll put the fear in them. I hope you feel a little better today. You know, enough so that you can blog again because without a phone I feel like its my only way to know what's going on in your life.
Congrats! I'm so glad to hear that you're pregnant, that explains all of the "I'm so tired" blogging. I was beginning to worry about you! I've never been so tired in my life as I was pregnant. When are you due??
Congrats! :)
I still want to see the video!!! Ryker will be glad to have a glasses buddy! From the stories I've heard, doesn't surprise me that Kent helped Colton sell the farm!! Addy is too funny!! Looking at these pics with Mad by my side and he keeps saying "Oh I know that one" "That girl played with me before" Sad that he doesn't remember whos who, but at least he recognizes them...right?!! I do realize this was a month ago... but hope you are feeling good today!!
Post a Comment