So, I am officially one year older and none the wiser. But, in celebration of the fact I made it another year I thought I would make a list of 28 things about me. Another motivating factor to do this list is, I can't think of anything else to blog about and my Aunt pointed out that Amy had like 8 more posts than me last month. I am not competitive, but Amy is already better at enough things, she doesn't need to be a better blogger too. With that said, here is my list of nothing important.
1. I LOVE to read. I get so involved in my books I spend countless hours a day reading, and well into the night. When I finished the Harry Potter series, I felt like I had lost my friends. Sad, I know.
2. I abhor running. I have my whole life. I remember in 2nd grade when the boys started chasing girls at recess, I would just slug them instead of running away. Seriously, hate it.
3. I have never in my life been able to keep my bedroom clean.
4. I love going to the movies and shoving my face with buttery popcorn.
5. When I do something stupid to hurt myself, like bite my cheek or run into a door, it brings forth a horrible rage inside me. I want to hit something or throw something to dull the stupid pain.
6. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I am talking on the phone to Amy, totally in the middle of saying something, and she says, "Gotta go, Bye" and hangs up. I instantly want to throw the phone across the room, and I would too, except it would hurt me and not her.
7. I get a TON of house work done being on the phone with Lisa. I have no idea why, it isn't like that with anyone else.
8. I think car dancing is by far the funnest kind.
9. I think getting myself to church on Sunday will be a life long challenge for me.
10. I rarely stick with a hobby for more than a few months.
11. I wanted to be a mom my whole life. And sometimes I think, for as much as I wanted to be a mother, I would have thought I would be better at it.
12. I enjoy being at home more than anywhere else.
13. I truly hope someday I will be able to go to Italy.
14. If I just did a 1/4 of what I think about doing for people, I would be a way nicer person. But like Amy said, its the thought that counts right???
15. I pop my knuckles, but can't stand the feeling of someone pulling on my toes to pop them.
16. I LOVE to eat. I LOVE to eat crap.
17. I would bake over cooking any day, hands down.
18. I have never played a sport in my entire life.
19. I want and love pictures of my family, but hate to take them.
20. One of my favorites things to do is watch a movie at home with Kent and eat hotwings with a diet coke.
21. I wish I could pay someone to play with my hair forever.
22. I like things organized, but I don't enjoy the act of actually "organizing"
23. I let my kids watch way too much t.v.
24. If I could have only one maid service, it would be laundry.
25. I will never understand why boys can't pee all the way in the toilet.
26. When I am pregnant I have the most insane dreams. I am often swearing and yelling at the top of my lungs. Reading Harry Potter right before bed makes for some crazy nights as well.
27. I do most of my deep thinking in the shower and driving in the car.
28. People say I mumble a lot, but when I am talking I hear myself perfectly clear in my head.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Pointless 28
Posted by Rachael at 12:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Fun list Rachael! I'm coming out of hiding and actually commenting on your blog! :) I could relate to so many of these! I hope you had a great Birthday!
I have crazy dreams while pregnant too...
I would totally choose bathrooms over laundry service. I despise cleaning bathrooms.
I loved 14 and 28...and the one about organizing...I loved your list. I so could not have come up with unique and funny stuff like that. You are so the better blogger. Mine would have been generic one to two word answers. Better blogger, I tell you, better blogger.
Man, where do I start? Okay, I totally confirm #3. When I used to go to your house growing up, while everybody else would turn left into the kitchen, I used to walk in the front door and immediately turn right to see if you cleaned your room. I never bugged you about it because I sucked at cleaning my room too, but I would silently be amused at the extremeness of your problem.
#5, totally agree. Cuz once it happens, it keeps happening. Same with stubbing your toe and dropping the damn soap. Once you drop the soap, you keep dropping it and keep dropping it and its just so darn slippery. Uuuuugh I'm getting pissed just writing about it.
#25, boys peeing. Alright listen. Here's the skinny on that. Want the honest truth? We have no control over it. That thing just freaking sprays wherever it wants! We can point it in the general direction, buuuut, it's pretty much going where it wants. This is precisely why we love going outside in the yard at night... FREEDOM!
#27, the best inspiration takes place in the bathroom. I bet Edison was dropping a deuce when he thought of the lightbulb, or Nickolaus Otto was scrubbin his naked bod when he thought up the internal combustion engine. I'm telling you...
Thanks, Mitch, for those amazing mental images.
Yeah, I LOVED your list! I could have written 1,2,3,4,5,12,14,16,17,23,26 and 27 about myself. Especially the one about getting SO MAD when I get hurt. I get it from my mom. We get furious and our husbands have learned to not even ask if we're okay for at least five minutes or we'll rip their heads off.
And I also get psycho dreams whilst reading Harry Potter. In fact, I usually sleep out on the couch with the light on to prevent having a nightmare about Voldemort trying to kill me.
Oh Rachey,
I just heart you (Alicia will get a kick outta that.) I think you would have made the perfect princess. Maids, nanny's, chefs, so your lifestyle. Well, I would write more...but I don't want to.
Peace
OK, number 7...getting housework done while talking on the phone....I do that too! For some reason, when I am on the phone with my mom I just can't sit still...I do dishes, and laundry, and picking up of toys. By the time I get off the phone my house is immaculate and my neck aches from holding the phone onto my shoulder (I have to keep my hands free for the cleaning).
Anyways, the was a fabulous list...so entertaining, so informative.
Happy Birthday to you!!!
I thought that you said you don't stick with one hubby very long and I thought, oh I had no idea, then I re-read it and found that you dont stick to one hobby very long, kind of makes a difference.
Post a Comment