Monday, May 4, 2009

Some Day....

Some day when I am......

*a good mom, I will stop yelling.

*a good wife, I will do my husbands laundry.

*a good blogger, I will at least post my children's birthdays.

*a good sister and aunt, I will volunteer to watch my nieces and nephews.

*a good church go-er, I will be blessed more than I deserve.

*a good daughter, I will do more things for my parents than I ask of them.

Ya know, someday.....

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Maybe some day I will be a better friend and see you more than just at church.....hope everything goes well for you.

Amy said...

Most of the time I think I'm a pretty good mom but I yell at my children. a lot.

I usually think I'm a pretty good wife, and my laundry is never done.

I'm on the fence about blogging, but there's so much about my children that I leave undocumented.

When my daughter stops being a L.B., I'll hope you'll offer to babysit, but not until then.

Someday, I'll be a good sister and come over and get your kids. Or do your dishes.

We're already more blessed than we deserve. We just have to look harder than we do.

I'm not sure we can ever payback our parents. Maybe if they were crappy parents, we could pass them up, but they're not, so, we'll just keep asking.

And sometimes, I'm so in awe of our relationship as sisters. Like the other day, when we spent the whole day with our kids, and shopping, and shoving them in and out of the back of your car, I teared up a time or two because I'm so insanely grateful that your my sister.

Because who else could hear all my crappy shortcomings and still think I'm alright...It works both ways.

Shayla said...

Right there with ya, Rachael. Someday...

Suzanne said...

Being good is over rated.

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm still trying to figure out what L.B. stands for.
I loved this post. I feel like I spend the majority of my time feeling guilty about all the stuff I'm not doing, or not doing good enough. I'm working on giving myself credit for what I DO do. (Hee hee, I just said doo doo.) You're awesome, Rachael, and I love you no matter what you doo doo. (Or don't doo.)

Lisa said...

ah scratch...you're like the best phone conversationalist i know. so come on, give credit where credit is do. you help me on almost a daily basis; make my beds, do the dishes, dust, lay on my bed, pick up all the toys, lay on my bed, do laundry then fold and put it away, make breakfast, lunch, or dinner, lay on my bed, put on my makeup, lay on my bed, and so much more all while on the phone with you. that's gotta count for something, right? love you, whore. pit viper.