Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 17th.

This girl....

....turned 4.

She had an amazing princess party shared by her cousin Sophie, and when Amy finally stops hogging picnik I will be happy to blog a play by play.  It might have been over the top.  Maybe.  Depends on who you ask.

Pictures or no pictures, Aubrey has enough personality for at least a little post on....

Who You Are at Four......

*You are my little companion.  You almost always know where I am in the house.  If I leave the room without telling you where I am going, I can always count on you to find me within about 2 minutes.

*At your yearly check-up I was so so so happy to find out that your 30lbs put you in the 25% for your age.  I was afraid your skinny legs wouldn't even be on the chart.  I was so proud of you at your appointment, you were so brave.

*You like to call people "Dumby"....or at least I assume so, since you do it so often.

*Every day after Colton goes to school you want to watch a movie and have popcorn.  You don't eat to much of the popcorn, and if the movie you are watching is on the laptop, I think your favorite part is pressing the spacebar to pause it.  I think it makes you feel like you know how to use the computer.

*You drive Addison crazy.  Completely and totally crazy.  I'm sure it has nothing to with your relationship to be, right?

*You play.  I love that you play.  You love little people, and puppies, and princesses, and doll furniture.

*Aurora still seems to be your favorite Disney Princess

*You love to answer the phone

*You talk at a volume that exceeds your size.  That means you're really loud.  Maybe you got that from your dad....hmmm...

*You L.O.V.E love "lips", you would smear lip gloss on your lips all day long if I let you.  When I let you wear my lipstick it drives your dad crazy.

*You love to go.  Go to the store, go to grandma's, Sophie's, McDonalds, just about anywhere.  You don't like being left behind.  Unless it's with me.  Sometimes.

*You say "Serious" pretty much always

*When you say "I love you mom", and I don't answer right away, you say "Mom, I said I love you" we do this almost every day, one of my favorite parts...

*When Addison wakes up, you crawl in her crib

*You still play with my hair to fall asleep

*When you write notes, you right a bunch of A's and circles on your paper

*You like to tattle on Colton

*When you are really trying to make a plan, you talk with your hands, and then you ask at the end.."Is that a good idea?"

*You would eat chips all day-everyday if you could.  Most times you will settle for a heart sandwich, fancy for peanut butter and a cookie-cutter

*You still love your tap shoes, and now jelly shoes.

*You want everything Disney Princess, and lucky for you they make everything Disney Princess.

I should probably wrap this up, this list is longer than I anticipated and I could still just keep going.  I love you so much my cup overflows.  I love that I tell you I don't want you to get big, and you always tell me you will just get a little big like me and dad. 

You are growing up so fast.  Please stop.

5 comments:

Amy said...

That was the best list ever about Aubs. You missed it on Sunday when she was driving Tyson's 4-wheeler and Sophie jumped right on the back and rode around with her. It was pretty funny.

I'll try and finish using picnik today.

I l.o.v.e. the editing you did on her picture. I wish I could make you tweak all of mine.

Shayla said...

Can't wait to see the pics of her amazing princess party...because I'm pretty sure it was amazing. :) Love your lists of your kids, it makes me want to make lists of my kids, too.

Unknown said...

that pretty much sums it up. the list was perfection. her loudness...oh.my.goodness. my favorite might just be her and soph putting on a "fashion show" at B&N on the stage and hearing people around the corner shushing them. ahhh, that made my night. would you please tell her that i lurve her?

this is LISA...steve's signed in and i'm too lazy to sign out, ya dig?

Alicia Leppert said...

And now I want to cry. Good tears.
But you did forget one thing--her impressive flexibility which enables her to bite off her own toenails. Forgot to mention to you that I had the pleasure of watching her do that the last time I baby-sat. It. Was. Awesome.

Karen said...

Another Aubs favorite is "purshed". She doesn't like to be purshed by anyone. I love that no matter what time of the day it is if Pops calls me I can count on the first thing she says is "gramma can I come to your house....will you pick me up???" :) When it is possible that I can make that happen for her...the next for sure question upon being buckled up is "can Sophie or Tyson come over"The FURST thing she asks for upon pulling into the garage now is "can I ride the four wheeler?" She is a pretty predictable kid when it comes to me. I love that she loves to inform me that her mom "doesn't" give her kalimur or her nose spray. I love that she asks me to put mentholatum on her lips when they are chapped or on her nose when she has a cold. What kid likes that??:) I love how she believes me and believes in me:)