Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

My New Years resolution is to start blogging again.  I am going to set a goal to blog everyday.  I know it might not come true, but when I think of all the memories, funny things the kids said or did, milestones that went undocumented, it makes me a lot a bit sad.  Every post won't be all pictures and flowers, but oh freakin well.  It will be the life that we're livin, and that is good enough.  So, I thought to kick off my re-entry into the blogosphere, I would try and make a list of things that happened in 2010.  Lists are one of my favorite things...

*Addy had her 1st birthday

*Kent had knee surgery


*Colton and Aubrey had amazing, over the top birthday parties, if I do say so myself.  Mario Bros. for Colt, and Princess for Aubs...




*We were sealed in the Columbia River Temple, one of my favorite days ever...


*My Grandma Goude past away, I love that lady...


*Colton had his first swim lessons, he did really well when he wasn't talking to Spencer...the only picture I have is one Aubrey took on my phone.  I'm a total loser...


*We survived another Halloween season working at the Halloween Store

*I turned 30

*Colton gave me a bloody nose.  Last time I play tetherball with that kid...

*Colton started first grade.  He is gone all day now.  Sad.


*I had my first root canal.  Horrible.

*We had another amazing vacation at the beach




*We went to Seattle for a wedding reception and the kids and I had our first ferry ride.  Kent of course had already been on one.  Driving on to a giant boat was so weird.( we have a really cute picture of all of us on the ferry, but I think I must have loaded them on the computer with no monitor. I am so disappointed)

*Colton had his first basketball camp



*Aubrey sounds louder....if that is even possible....

*I ate my first grown-up sandwich, with  onions and tomatoes on it....

*Colton lost his first tooth, and then another one...


*Addy had her first haircut


*For Halloween Colton was Voldemort, Aubs was Cruella de Vil, and Addy was a witch...interesting evil theme going on...


*Christmas was awesome

*Aubrey learned to spell her last name

*Aubrey and Colton both had their first trips to the dentist

*Kent started shaving all his hair off.  It's weird to see pictures even from vacation, when he still had his curly hair...

*We went to the Childrens Museum in Portland




*Addison started watching tv.  Max and Ruby is by far her favorite.  She even brings you the remote, and yells at you when you forget to fast forward the commercials.

*Colton grew his own pepper plant with Kent


*We enjoyed going to the Farmers Market as a family


*I got to go take pictures of Colton snowboarding!


*Colton had his first stitches.  He was standing a little to close to his cousin while she was swinging her golf club.  His ear paid the price.  5 stitches.


I'm sure we did more, but for now, this will suffice.  I think I did a pretty good job considering I was trying to reflect on a whole year past.....

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Mallary said...

What a great post, Rach!

Irish Crew said...

Hey Rachael, I love reading your posts! I am Blake's wife, Kent's buddy in Utah. I love all your posts, I especially love the turning 30 one. I turn 30 in 39 days and I am not looking forward to it. I laughed so hard reading your turning 30 post, so thanks. Anyway I am glad to see that you are posting again, I enjoy reading your blog and I think you are an awesome photographer. Congrats on the temple sealing, I wish we could have been there. I would love to meet you someday. Blake says to tell Kent Hello! TeAnna

Anna K. said...

I am excited to read all your future posts! Sounds like an eventful year! I wish we could have been there for the sealing. That's awesome!

Lisa said...

dude, one of us had to dive back in...thanks for the nudge. i love your list rach! mother blogger, it's been a grip

Alicia Leppert said...

Yay for blogging again! I am loving your resolution! I read your list and couldn't believe there were things on there that I didn't know. Your memory is impressive. You've inspired me to go post on my own blog. Oh, and you've officially earned your spot in my Google Reader.

Joshua said...

Bravo. Bravo!

Shayla said...

YAY!!! Seeing your posts in my reader was a highlight of the week for me! I am so excited that the Landoni sisters are blogging again. Seriously, I just don't get enough of you gals with these "once every few months" girls night outs lately. So, LOVE your list of things from 2010. I should do the same thing... Your picture from the temple sealing is beautiful. Seriously, I couldn't stop staring at you guys. Such a great family and I'm so happy for you!! Addy's stink face at the top deserves an award for something. You have such cute kids...and I totally mean that. :)