Sunday, January 2, 2011

Not to Worry...

So, I was laying on the couch this morning contemplating what I would blog about today.  I was thinking, not much has happenend in the last few days, maybe I'll start a theme called This-N-That.  You know, a little a this, a little a that type of thing.  I can touch on a few cute things the kids did or did not do.  Maybe write about how if I could only become a 2d character in a shooting game or hack into Kent's headphones, maybe we could hang out again.....and then Addy gave me the present of a lifetime.  What every mother wants.  She pooped on the floor.  And I didn't know it.  And when I opened the bathroom door, it smeared underneath the door.  And it got on my leg.  And her leg.  And her foot.  And pretty much everywhere I turned.  I should be getting ready for church, but the smell is something to be feared.  So to this I say, thank you Addison, thank you for making this day memorable.

 And cue a little this-n-that...

This New Years Eve my parents came over with Trenton and Graycie, and Colton was the perfect host.  The kids were so excited to stay up til midnight.  We played board games, Wii Disney Sing It, ate some snacks, and toasted the New Year with some sparkling cider.  The energy for the 30 second countdown was tangible!  The kids were so excited.

My parents took Colton to the store the other day to get him some "Hunting Gear".  Colton, who is supposed to be in bed, just came down in his camo hat to get a drink.  The best part is, when he talks about his new clothes, or the clothes he has already requested for his birthday in April, he always says "huntin'".  It cracks me up everytime.

I decided what I am going to get Addy for her 2nd birthday.  Botox.  That way I don't have to watch her frown at me all day, over everything. 

Church was really good today, I am so grateful for a mom I can ask to come home early from her church to watch my sick kid so I can go to mine.  Maybe my blessings will spill over to her, she was after all providing an act of service.  Anyway, it left me with some thought provoking things to contemplate this next week.  Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll remember what they were.

So, here is the thing.  By no means do I feel like everything I blog/journal on here needs to be picture worthy, but I love pictures, so I decided I will add a picture to as many posts as I can.  And these said pictures may or may not have anything to do with anything that I write about.  That, my friend is the beauty of a personal blog.  You can do what ever the bleep you want to. 

My sister told me about this lady that did something like take a picture everyday, of whatever she felt like, just to document a whole year.  I loved this idea, but knowing, and being comfortable with my limitations, I decided it would be cool to at least shoot for every Monday.  When I was looking through my pictures of this past year it was sad to see how long I go with out taking a single picture.  So, tomorrow I start my second and quite possibly my last resolution.  Every Monday at least one picture, and hopefully at least one picture of the kids.  Speaking of resolutions, I have a friend who has resolved to cut out sugar.  My first thought was, "So sad..."  I wish her all the luck in the world.  That is one resolution I would quit before I started.  My life would lose all color and meaning.  But good luck my friend, I'm sure it will be a piece of cake!  Haha...I am so dumb, and yet...so clever...

This one time, Kent bought me tulips.  Tulips are my most favorite flower...So I took it's picture...

6 comments:

Amy said...

No comment can top the massive amounts of laughter you witnessed via the phone as I read your blog while on the phone with you, just like old times. Seriously so funny. I hope I can grow up to be a funny blogger just like you someday. Someday soon. Otherwise everyone will like you more. Oh wait, they already do.

Karen said...

You are the next Erma Bombeck I swear...and I do do that...but I love the way you write! Amy, you should try to "take" some of Rachael's writing expertise and use it in yours! hahaa if you know what I mean:) Nooooo seriously you girls are the best at doing this blog stuff. A book must be in the future for both of you...I could see you on the Today show or something...I wanna have that moment when I say "these are MY daughters!" as I am signing your books too. I love it, Dad loves it, and that's all that matters... you provide the most healthy doses of laughter any of us can ask for:) Good job girls:)

Lisa said...

oh the poop present...the gift that keeps on giving. i think jenny said it perfect when she said, "merry freakin christmas"

Jennifer said...

Your botox comment cracks me up! I'd never thought of it before, but seriously, my kid has got a scowl that could kill. Botox is the perfect solution!

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm famous! You talked about me on your blog! Even though no one knew you were talking about me. Whatevs. The most hilarious part: "so this one time Kent got me tulips..." So wonderfully random.

Shayla said...

Usually those stink faces that our kids give us so successfully are just a mimic of the stink faces that WE moms are so good at making. That's what Nate informs me, anyway. He says Kenzie learned from the best. What the crap?! At our house we call it the death ray glare, cause that girl might kill you with it. I'd never thought of Botox, but you might be onto something. Poo...all I gotta say is why?! It's a mean, cruel joke played on us Moms, that's what it is.