Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shame on me...

So I thought the worst part of having church at 1:30 was getting out at 4:30.  I was wrong.  I'm gonna say what it is, and it is bad, it has given me a whole truck load of guilt.  Ok, so the worst part about 1:30 church, is it gives me way too much time to talk myself out of going.  I mean, Kent couldn't go, and you know, the kids, and getting ready, ugh, skirts and ties, and hours, I am a Sunday loser.  A 100% Sunday loser.  The only good part of today, is I feel so horrible about not going, I know I will be there next Sunday.  I have to stop writing about it cause it is making my stomach hurt...

Colton keeps doing this thing where he will say he has to tell me something about school, and then, when I say what, he attacks me with a big hug and tells me he loves me.  After the first time, whenever he says he has something to tell me, I tell him 'no way, I'm not falling for that!' He then immediately starts giggling and swears he is being serious over and over until I finally say 'ok what?'  And then the attack begins...It's pretty sweet.  He told me tonight he is gonna do that everyday.  If only that were true...

Oh, before I forget, I hope my previous post didn't offend my few followers.  It seems as though I totally embarrassed my parents with the whole "shower"  section of my last post.  Which is funny, because later this evening after watching them turn red I heard my dad say horney for the first time in my life.  Pot and Kettle right?

So, even though Aubrey is loud to the max, I am loving her right now.  She has been cracking me up.  I love when she tells me stuff like, "Momb, you know what? Even I was walking with my pillow on my head and I let go, and you know what?  It. didn't even move.  And momb do you what else?...."She is always trying to help Addy, and  loves to go in her room when she first wakes up.  She is totally band-aid obsessed, and it totally bugs Colton to watch her waste them. 

I have been so grumpy and blah lately and I don't know why.  It has to be hormonal or something.  Usually when I feel like this it's because I have been unproductive, or Kent and I have been fighting.  But I have been "cooking" and cleaning, and showering, and I still feel like crap.  I am so glad I didn't resolve to stop yelling like I thought about, I would hav failed that one hard-core.

So my pictures are from today, a few minutes ago actually.  This is how Addy eats a cupcake....she did this earlier today too, and I am not even kidding, she sat like this for at least 5 minutes before I got up and moved her hands away from her mouth...


 

6 comments:

Karen said...

"geeezzz louiseee" as Pops would say...that's worse than your shower confession...he said "onery"!!
I wish I could just eat my cupcake like that...smelling the taste and not letting it slide down my throat and into my stomach to be delivered to parts of my body I don't need visited!! What will power that would take just to smoosh a cupcake like yours all over my mouth and not eat it...since Lisa left hers here maybe I should try it with one of hers...at least I wouldnt be wasting one of mine:)

Alicia Leppert said...

You just need to do what I do--sleep until you absolutely have to get up and get ready or you'll be late for church. You think I'm joking, but sadly I'm not. And don't beat yourself up over it. We've all had our Subdays where we say we have a headache just to stay home. No? Just me? And you know what cures blah-ness? GNOs!! Seriously, when?? I hadn't read your shower post yet but you better believe I'm gonna now!

Shayla said...

Totally, Alicia!! That's exactly what I do, no shame involved. Too bad Rachael actually has to get up with her kids. Haven't you taught Addy how to press the fast forward button herself yet? ;) Just promise me you won't brainwash yourself into thinking Heavenly Father won't bless you this week because you didn't go. Took me a few years, but I finally figured out that He doesn't work that way. We do the best we can, we try a little harder every day, we fall back, we get back up, we move forward and He loves us all the same. Now off my soap box... I'm with Alicia, GNO!!!

Alicia Leppert said...

I just noticed I wrote Subdays instead of Sundays which totally makes it sound like Aubs is saying it.

Lisa said...

don't be so hard on yourself... you have been doing so amazing lately! i love how loud aubrey is...except for when she whispers in my ear, "uhllisa, i comb to your house???" and addy...holy crapola, she is gonna give those butchanans a run for their money. can't say i blame her though...those suckers are gooohoood. can't believe i didn't know i was supposed to take some home. zut alore!!!

Amy said...

I know you mentioned that I hadn't been commenting lately but sometimes there's really not much to say when your laughing so hard. I wish I could just record and post my laughter, and that thing I do where I repeat things and laugh again, and repeat and laugh, and repeat and laugh, that would be some much easier than commenting sometimes.

WV- Cable...How ironic...
And three hours later I'm just noticing that I either typed it wrong or it really didn't say cable...