Monday, January 10, 2011

Photog Monday #2

Ok, first things first.  I have to take a moment to say, I absolutely, by far, have the BEST comment-ers EVER.  What a great example of quality vs. quantity.  The comments you guys leave me rock my world, and I just want to say Thank You!!!

So here I was this afternoon, feeling all good mom and stuff and told a bored Colton after school to call his friend Payson, also known as Pay-dog at our house, to see if he wanted to come over and play with their remote control vehicles.  I even moved both cars out of the driveway instead of just saying I would in a minute and then never actually doing it.  They were outside for maybe 2 minutes when they came in to say they were going to run over to Payson's to get his other car.  A few minutes later Alicia called and said the boys wanted to play xbox kinect(sp?).  All my efforts were for not.  But, Aubrey was gone too, so I was down to 1.  Not to shabby....And when Alicia called she told me some way exciting news that I was about to write about, but now I'm thinking she might want to tell everyone herself....no she is not pregnant.

Aubrey made a "Sense" game at school today.  It was a paper bag with items in it and you stick your hand in to feel and then guess what it is.  After I played with her when she got home, she said she was supposed to find  more stuff from the house for me to guess.  She came back with this filled to the brim bag of little plastic puppies and a few other animals.  I guessed puppy over, and over, and over.  I think she might have missed the point.  Even so, it was pretty fun watching her smile the whole time I guessed...

Addy has a horrible, yucky cold.  I feel so bad for her.  Thanks a million asthmatic Carson, your germs are always welcomed.  Do you think the person who invented the word asthma had a lisp?  I think it's likely. 

Did anyone else read Lisa sell me out on the seal picture?  I never said my pictures were good.  I never built you up for some dramatic reveal, and then slapped you in the face with disappointment.  Jeez, everyone knows you are a better photographer Lisa!  Hater.

My husband is actually home watching a tv show that I would actually watch.  That is a rare moment, so I am gonna wrap this thang up...

The Photog Monday portion....

So today Amy came over and we have been talking about taking some cupboard doors off to display some of our dishes like some of the people on the blogs Amy finds, and she said just try it.  So I did.  It looks like this...

I left the hinges on, until I decide if I am going to keep it this way, there was no point in taking them off.  I just thought I would clarify before Lisa critiques my picture, no Lisa they are not ornamental and this picture was not intended to blow your mind....

Now Addy.  The 1st picture represents who she is, the 2nd is who I want her to be...

That is chocolate in her mouth by the way, I had to bribe her to sit there...

Ok, here is the thing with Colton.  As soon as he knows you are taking a picture of him, he looks so dumb!  So honestly, the stank face was the best I could get.  I'm sure Lisa could have done better...

By the way, sorry for the horrendous coloring on the pictures of Aubrey and Colton.  It was late and the flash made them way to over exposed, and since I am not the photographer Lisa is, this is what I got.  Either way, I have taken a picture of my kids at least once a week for 2 weeks now, and that is what counts.  A little info about Aubrey and pictures:  She almost never looks at the camera...

4 comments:

Amy said...

I read it. I laughed. I'm too....blahish to leave a good comment. Maybe tomorrow...Maybe. You know, it's so much easier just to call you and list all my fav parts but I know from experience that it's just not as gratifying. I love that we inter-blog like we inter-talk, you know, as if everyone is following along with the same underlying dialogues between us and our blogs...You pickin' up what I'm puttin' down on that one? I'm just waiting to tell Shayla to shut up again, or have a reason to call her a hooker or something. Bring it on Shayla, I'm waiting.

Oh my gosh. I just realized why I have a hard time staying on task while commenting...I totally read blogs like I do books. I know your post was good, I laughed, the pictures fun and supportive and yet I can't remember a single detail I want to point out. Lame.

Lisa said...

oh, my bad. was my clarificatioin not to your liking??? so sorry, sweetie. thought i was clear that it was my expectation and not your lack of photography skills that had me laughing. i remember so vividly that day and was 'expecting' to see something different when i looked at your picture. you were quite clear that your photographs were lame, i still 'expected' something different...that's all. now quit crying about it, steve. your pics of your kids, however, were much like the sealions...a huge disappointment. KIDDING! love the picture of colton...you totally captured the essence of him. (the word essence always makes me think of when joey stole the chair cushions). love you hobag!

Denice said...

Until you said something, I didn't remember that you had a blog! First of all, your doorless cupboards are so cute! I love them! Last of all, your pictures are so good! I love that you take pictures of all the different moods of the kids. You really captured their personalities! Keep it up!

Alicia Leppert said...

Do you know that every time I go to comment on your posts I have to make a mental list of all the things I want to mention? You know what would solve that problem? (cause I can never remember everything) If you made your comment box a little pop-up window. It's easy to do. Anywho, every time I see my name in your posts I get a little thrill. I love it. Except I feel lame cause I never manage to see it till 3 days later. So Bill had to ask me what I was laughing about. Asthma lisp, Colton's face, your bitterness towards Lisa...just to name a few.