Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday.




So, I think Photo Monday might have turned into blurry Monday.  This is when not being a perfectionist totally comes in handy.  Thank you, parents for supporting me in my under achievements.

Do you know how difficult it is for me to not start with "So"  all the time.  Like every post beginning, every break in the text.  It is painful.  It just feels so right....

So, for Photo Monday, I went above and beyond this time.  I made a few collages.  Yes, that's right, I made some blur-sula collages, because memories are memories whether they are in focus or not.

Ok, the first one....I took some pictures of a few of the things in my house that make me happy when I look at them.  The first picture is my 7-Up crate.  I adore it.  The second is a white cart in my kitchen that my sister half bought for me.  She always has my interest at heart when she is out shopping.  The 3rd, is my Let Them Grow picture I picked up at an antique shop in Lincoln City.  One of my favorite purchases ever.  You know what?  Amy has been involoved in the purchasing of all three of these treasures.  I can almost never buy anything with out her telling me "Oh, my gosh!  Just do it!"  And then counseling me through my buyers remorse.  And all these things are old.  I wonder what that says about me?     



The next one is of Addy.  Take a look at that pose!  Nice right?   The middle picture I think it is too sweet for words.  Just think how much cuter it would have been if that wasn't yesterday's hair and last nights jammies.  Maybe on Picture Monday I should actually get her ready for the day.  And the last one?  Be still my heart.  She has been putting her little hands on her face the last couple of days, and I am in love.  Such a nice break from the scowls.  Her face typically has an expression of surprise and astonishment when coupled with the hands. 


The 3rd collage is of my Pop-a-Doos.  I will be so sad the day she asks me not to call her that anymore.  So this one I think can be best described as "Up, Down, and Back around"  What else is there to say?


And last but not least....Colton.  He was dying to play Rock band yesterday, but I told him he could play after school today if he got a green for behavior.  The week before Christmas break he had all yellows.  Not so good, not so bad.  Anyway, I loved watching him rock out.  Aubs joined in a little and only quit every time it looked like her "guy" was a boy.  Colton of course was obsessed with his score and how he compared to everyone else.  And do you know what I was doing while they played?  Being Mrs. Betty Freakin' Crocker making some peanut butter cookies....



5 comments:

Amy said...

I hate you and your happy, cheery collages, your witty writing skills, and your betty freakin' crocker talents. You better have some of the cookies there in the morning for me, for my breakfast, ya know? But hey, at least I made honorable mention. Your crap is freakin' adorable, good thing I talked you into it, too bad I didn't get them for myself. My jealousy streak is gonna kill me someday.

My word-veri is sylenn. Kinda like stylen. Kinda like how I almost get so close to things but am always a letter short.

BTW, I laughed out loud and read it twice. And I don't laugh out loud.

Alicia Leppert said...

So...I have the same problem, wanting to put so in front of every paragraph on my blog. I love that you have it too. Yes, I am leaving this comment at 3 o' freaking clock in the morning. Seriously, put me out of my misery.

Karen said...

Your stuff looks cool and it gives a statement to your rooms...it's not "old" it shows you are drawn to things with "character". Isn't that what the picture of grandma and Bells shows?? She hangs with me and she gets more character:) Amy is your personal trainer...if you follow her advice then you overcome your feeling of lacking something...look how awesome what you accumulated looks now. Sweet:)

Dani said...

How do you come up with this stuff? Blur-Sula?! Amazing. And that middle pic of Adderson, incredible.

Shayla said...

Betty Freakin' Crocker. Awesome. I seriously adore the pictures of Addy. Good to hear that Colton is back in the green zone. That last picture of him singing is a classic. If I took pictures like yours, I'd post them everyday too. That is, if I actually posted on my blog.