Monday, January 31, 2011

Photog Monday #4

Today after preschool we went to this girls house....


When I say "we"  I mean me and...

Amy had a craft project in mind for the girls.  We gave them contact paper and.....

And they set about doing this...

After Amy and I did some tracing, cutting, and sewing...we ended up with this...

While Aubs and Soph were crafting, she was doing this....


and this....

I have no pictures to represent the continuous altercations between Addy and Carson over the toys pictured above....

My mom stop by for lunch and I took these...

Shortly after, we went home.  Addy took a nap, and soon he was home....

I actually got alot accomplished this evening too, this is one of them...
technically the before is the back, I was just using it to show the original wood.  I like it, but it needs a little something that I haven't quite put my finger on...and I took the little sticker off by floss, it bugged me...

I also painted a side table, painted some bead board, hung up a sign, and made dinner.

You know the book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day?  You know the part where he says "I went to bed with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair?"  Well for me it's more like, "I went outside with paint in my hand and now there's paint in my hair..."  Every time I paint I end up with it somewhere on my personage.  When I was painting the legs on my table, I leaned right into the top.  That I had already painted.  Now I look like I am going gray all over again.

It was a very good day indeed.

Oh yeah, today I blogged for a whole month solid.  31 days of my New Years Resolution fulfilled.  Booya!

7 comments:

Stacia said...

CONGRATS! 31 days! Keep it up.

I get paint in my hair each time too! It is so hard to get out! I scrub and scrub and it takes sliding my fingernails down each individual hair sometimes!

That craft looked fun. And the sign is cute!

Joshua said...

I used to have the same problem painting. Used to. Congratulations on a whole month! I'm seriously impressed, jealous, and ashamed I couldn't have made it half that if I tried myself. Keep it up!

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH! Your sign is soooo cute. I am so mad I didn't get a before and after shot of my rocking chair...I am such a loser. I seriously love you sign. Love it.

Jennifer said...

You guys are so totally productive, it's downright embarrassing for the rest of us. Such cute stuff, though!

Kent said...

Nice work staying with it!! These were some of the best pictures yet!

Lisa said...

i agree with kent...your photog skills are improving, young one.

loved the little decoration you made.

love you too.

Dani said...

I'm in love with that sign. SOOOO FRICKIN CUTE!