Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Perspective...

After reading Jennifer's comment today, about being productive, I was left with a "that's what you think".  Here's the thing, productivity is all relative to your situation.  It's all about perspective.  Sure, I checked a few things off my 'to paint' list, but the clean laundry pile at the end of my bed that I have been rifling through the last few days grew by about 3 loads.  I can say I cooked dinner, and it sounds good, but I really just made like7 pieces of french toast.  And I just put the syrup away this afternoon.

 I was re-reading some of my old posts from 2008 today.  It was so funny because I wrote a lot about how naughty Aubrey was.  Some of the things I said I swear I could just switch out the names and re-post it.  It cracked me up when I read that I was trying to get Aubs to quick telling people to shut up.  Guess this potty mouth of hers has been around a lot longer than I realized. 

Every time I get Addy up from her crib and we walk past my bedroom she always says "shhh, dada. shhhhh"  and then we 'shhh' the whole way down the stairs. 

So today when I put Addy down for her nap I could hear her yelling for awhile, but usually if I just leave her she'll eventually fall asleep, today was no different.  But, when I went to get her up from her nap, I realized her blanket was wet.  I was thinking her diaper must have leaked or something, and then I noticed her shirt was wet up to her arm pits.  And then, holy crap she has no diaper on.  She ripped it off and threw it outside of her crib sometime before she fell asleep.  Colton and Easton were laughing so hard.  They seriously thought it was the greatest thing ever.  I wasn't really laughing so much....

Sophie came over after preschool today, and within an hour or so her and Aubrey had a backpack filled to the brim, shoes on, coat on, bag in place, and they were waiting for Gramma Lo to come get them.  Aubrey swore she was coming because gramma told her she would after her walk today.  She so sincerely believed it that I had to call my mom.  Those are some lucky little girls, because their gramma finished up her shopping and picked them up.  But not before they managed to ask at least a dozen times when she was going to get here.

Colton came home from school and asked if Easton could come over.  I remember when I was growing up that I never wanted to be that mom that would never drive her kids anywhere, so I said sure.  Nice right?  Living up to my childhood dreams....When we picked him up, and he got in the car he asked where we were going.   And when I told him back to the house I could see a little disappointment on his face.  He thought I was taking him to the movies.  You know, because I had told him I would months ago.   I felt so bad!  He quickly recovered when I said I would for sure pick him up to see Gnomeo and Juliet, or whatever it's called when it comes out.  When we got back to the house he did the sweetest thing.  I was grabbing a card table, and almost dropped it.  At the same time that my t-rex arms failed me, he was talking to Colton.  He told Colton to hold on, and then asked me if I needed help.  I am so proud of that boy.  He is seriously one of most thoughtful kids I know.   Just another reason I am glad I stay home.  Think of the things I would miss....

Picture.....

I love that my 6 year old wants to have his 10 year old cousin come over.  I love that this 10 year old will always come.  And even though they didn't really do anything, it didn't really matter...And I loved listening to them talk about how they hate Justin Beiber. 


3 comments:

Lisa said...

ahhh, isn't easton the best??? he really can be such a sweetheart. i read this out loud to him...and immediately the other kids were asking to go to your house. i think graycie was a little jealous that easton got blogged about, and that you were all proud of him and stuff. anyhoo, loved this

vw-fulickd (that was a close one)

Amy said...

You always make your days sound way better in writing then they sound when I'm talking to you on the phone every half-hour on the hour. Or maybe I should pay you a real compliment and say that I love the way you take notice of little things to blog about. Like your awesome nieces and nephews. I love that they talked about hating Justin Beiber and that when Spencer and Graycie get together they pretend to be Justin Beiber and his "biggest fan". I also love how Sophie has practically been living at your house and how I keep satisfying my sweet tooth by coming to your house. Love it. Love it all.

I also love Aubs' perpetual potty mouth.

Karen said...

hahaha..Oh my gosh! Easton so hates Justin Beiber and it cracks me up. Then walking in the store with Spencer
he starts saying how much he likes Justin Beiber and I tell him to keep his voice down!! Then we go over by the books and he immediately picks up the Justin Beiber book and says Grandma it's a chapter book...like aren't you gonna get me it!! Once again I redirect him:) Easton would have died!
Bug is a very polite young man, I love how he he always tells us he loves us, I hope he never out grows that. It's awesome that he gets this post about him...something pretty terrific to have someday to look back on....so get your blogs printed girls!