We started the day with strawberry milk and pink "heart" shaped pancakes. Colton didn't like the milk. Aubrey wouldn't even try the pancakes. Nice.
Then I took Aubs to preschool, Addy to Amy's and was off to the store to get flowers for teachers, decorations for dinner, and a few odds and ends. I came home to an oven across the kitchen, every window in the house wide open, and Kent and Kevin ripping out the last of my heinous linoleum. The only thing left to do is the dining room carpet. Excitement.
I was in Colton's classroom today when he handed out his Valentines, and all the kids thought they were the coolest things ever. It was awesome. They kept coming up to him, asking if it was really him, saying it looked like he was really holding the sucker, to which he replied "Yeah, because I am". It was pretty sweet.
After school was a V-day snack. I have never made jello jigglers before, they totally loved 'em..
Next was dinner, my oven made it back just in time...
Kent bought some tulips for me and Aubrey. She was pretty tickled when he said they were for her too. I cut the stems, and she insisted on putting them in the water. It was one of my favorite parts of the day...The kids were anxious for dinner but I'm pretty sure it was just because that's when they were going to get their little presents. I had a lot of fun decorating the dining room up. The tissue paper flowers were from Aubrey's birthday last year and came in totally handy. I taped them to the ceiling and a couple of them fell in our spaghetti. After that we thought it best to blow out the candles. The funny part is, I didn't even need to decorate, just eating in the dining room period would have felt like a special occasion. It was nice to just sit there together, and do something special, just the 5 of us, just at home. When Kent got up to clear his plate, I asked him to take mine, and Colton jumped up and did it with out being asked. Then Aubrey cleared her plate and Addy's too, all by herself. When I asked them to take a few extra bites, they did it without complaint. And when we had cake a little while later they wanted to sit in the dining room again. I told them I thought it was a really good Valentines Day, and Aubrey told me it was "a great one".
After dinner I laid down while Kent and Colt started clean up. Shortly after I dozed off, I was awaken by bare baby butt cheeks. On my face. Addy had taked her diaper off, and we were literally, cheek to cheek, in a not so good way. Being a somewhat seasoned mother, I put a new diaper on her and rolled over. Not long after that, she plopped herself on my head/face again. With a diaper at least, but still! Can't I catch a break?
All in all, it was one of my favorites...

6 comments:
Ahhhhh....I LOVED your afternoon snack! Super cuteness. And your dining room looked great, I realized after having dinner last night at my house that I miss sitting around the table. Having the island is great and all but it's a little too casual. Oh well, we can't have it all. Good call on blowing out the candles, it would so be our luck to have something catch on fire.
Thanks for the laugh, I can't even imagine what cold butt cheeks must have felt like, on. your. face. Classic.
It was a pretty sweet Valentines Day. Only if we could still get that call-out $$ right? I still wouldn't trade it for today though.
OMG, can i be like you when i grow up?!!!!
dude, you followed through. i don't even recognize you anymore. your resolution...you talking about doing a fantastic v-day dinner...AND THEN DOING IT??? time to get caught up with food storage.
I know, right?! I'm all about the dreaming, talking and even maybe organizing and planning, but the following through? Not so much. I don't know if we can be friends anymore. ;) Seriously, I LOVE the decorations and all you did to make your family feel special and you did it ALL while in the midst of ripping up your floors?! That's when I'd be in the middle of crying and ordering out for dinner every night. You rock. In fact, I think this counts towards at least 6 months of slacking off. Totally.
Aw, this post gave me the warm fuzzies. Seriously, you actually had the Valentine's Day that we all dream of. I'm not even going to ruin your perfect day post by telling how polar opposite our v-days were. I'll just say you are awesome and...there's always next year, right?
Post a Comment