Saturday, February 26, 2011

8 weeks done, 44 left...

Ok, so I totally buy in to the whole "boredom is a state of mind" thing my mom always told me growing up, but I have decided that my laziness should be categorized as a medical condition.  Seriously.  I just laid on the couch for at least an hour with an achy lower back and legs and was too lazy to get up and take something.  Finally the allure of my raspberry lemonade and peanutbutter cookies got me up.  I will go to bed with the house a mess because I cleaned it up like a million times already, and I just can't make myself do it one more time...the list of laziness is eternal...

Today Amy came over and we crafted a bit .  I crocheted and she made a St.Patricks Day garland. Sophie and Aubs played really well, and it was just nice crafting together in person instead of over the phone.  We should definitely do that more often.  I made the cutest branches and my first crocheted bird, I would have put a picture of them on here, but due to my medical condition....

Anyway, I have to go rock Addy before I go insane from her whining...

Oh, I totally forgot!  Kent and Kevin finished the floor yesterday!  So the only thing we have left to do is put up the trim, and get our new carpet...I can't wait...

Picture....

This is from a train ride we took on vacation I have been meaning to post about for awhile.  I  have a lot of pictures, so I have been meaning to upload and collage them...but medical circumstances have interfered....anyway, the train was awesome and something we had never done before...

4 comments:

Amy said...

So I just copied and pasted my comment to you to use as a blog post of my own because it had become so incredibly long. So go look there. I edited it a bit to make sense.

Shayla said...

Jen and I obviously need to take a cue from you two and try to get together more often. Somehow life always seems to get in the way. I love crafting with people, though. It's way better than doing it by yourself...or not at all. Laziness is totally a disease. Not your fault at all. So, so sad. Now, pictures of the crocheted bird and branch and new flooring is in order soon!

wv: wisesse - of course I saw it and thought, ha ha ha, it says wise ass. ;)

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm so sorry about your medical condition! It sounds serious. Hopefully they find a cure soon. And when they do, pass it along to me cause I'm pretty sure I have the same condition.

How fun to sit and craft together! I love how crafty you both are. I used to love crafting, but now I'm all about the books. Reading them, writing them...

So excited about your floor! I'm gonna say it again, cause I think I've only said it five times already, but...I can't wait to see it.

hatch said...

I saw your handiwork today in Aubrey's hair. You are good. I told her that her mom need to make them and sell them, to me. Sooo cute! I wish I could crochet... but I have a medical condition that causes an adversion to crocheting. I blame it on an overzealous 4H leader from my childhood.