Goodbye Friday. It was nice to see you again. I'm sad we won't see each other for another week. You are my favorite day of the week. When I go to sleep on Friday, I don't have to wake up and go anywhere. In the spring and summer, it means the next morning we can go to the farmers market. Friday means I still get a break from the kids, but we don't have to go to bed early. Plus, I just like the name...
This morning Aubrey woke up a bear. I sat down with her for "a few minutes" after Colton was off to school. She started playing with my hair and next thing I knew it was 9:30. No preschool today. Tonight though, she whispered in my ear that she needed a bowl because she was going to throw up. She fell asleep leaning on me with her head hanging over the empty bowl. But now, I am totally paranoid. I don't want to go lay her down because I'm afraid she'll wake up a puke everywhere. I so hope she is wrong and there is no puke in our future.
Colton's teacher sent home a note about the Valentines Day party on Monday. Apparently, because the kids give each other so much candy anyway, they want to have a healthy party, with healthy snacks. So freakin lame. We are supposed to bring crackers. They even had raisins on the list. Nothing says love like dehydrated grapes. Seriously, I think this is so stupid.
So our little floor project is coming along splendidly. Kent is doing a really good job, and his rubber knee pads make him look so official. We(he) has the whole entry way and into the kitchen around the breakfast bar ripped up. We had to stop a little early since Addy was asleep by about 8:30. I'm pretty sure she would not sleep through all the hammering noises. The grossest part, is seeing the color of the carpet under the trim versus the color of the carpet we walk on everyday. It is like day and night. And we have been living with the dark version. Disgust.
All my kids are home tonight. I can't remember the last time Colton and Aubrey were both home on a Friday night. It's nice. Colton is playing PS3 with Kent, so no complaining about being here. Even nicer.
Picture...
I wish I could say at least when they were this age they liked to be home, but even then they wanted to go with my mom...

I don't even remember them this little. I love how Aubrey's head looks twice the size of Colton's...it was nice finding a picture that had previously been edited.

2 comments:
Oh my gosh. Has this ever happened before? I don't think I talked to you for even 5 minutes today. What is wrong with us? And really? That's Aubrey? I don't believe it. I really, really don't believe it. I wish I could say that I was going to call you right now, but I'm not. I'm going to go to bed and read cause I'm a nerd and I don't have anything to talk about anyways. I'm sure we'll make up for it tomorrow. And yeah for successful demolition in your house!
So happy for you that puke was not in your future. ALWAYS a reason to celebrate.
Best line ever: "Nothing says love like dehydrated grapes." I seriously want to crosstitch it, frame it, and hang it in my kitchen.
That cannot be Aubrey. What blows my mind is that I was at her second birthday party. I cannot remember her looking any different than she does now, except a little smaller and with bigger hair. Craziness.
Post a Comment