Thursday, February 17, 2011

See how I wasted my time today...for the first three with the kids names, I saw a print like this on a blog somewhere..and another blog opened me up to the idea of doing stuff like this in picnik.  I seriously messed with this stuff all day...




I had me some fun with the stickers....I think it would be fun to make alphabet flash cards for the girls...
 
The next thing I wasted my time with was my first attempt at subway art.  I love it.  I want to be able to do it.  Not so sure I can.

I decided it would be cool to make a little subway art for my kids filled with words that remind me of them.  I started with Addy.  I don't know what to think...do I like all black?  do I like the purple?  does it just look like a bunch of jumbled words and not so much "subway art"?  I hate that I can never know...

Tonight my dad came up to the house so Kent and I could go to Lowes and get all the laminate.  Too bad the crazy issues at the register were kind of a buzz kill.  I hope I never have to talk to Esmerelda from card services again.  I mean, maybe repeating your soc 3 times in a row is common...after at least 30 minutes at the register, we have our floor, but will be going back tomorrow to work out some issues with Nina and our card.  Lovely.  The best part of this whole experience?  When I got home all 3 of my kids were asleep on the couch.  Dad, you are so officially hired.

Picture....

I would like to redeem myself and my sister.  Seriously, most of vacation she looks like this...

Seriously, what kid is mad in the swing?

Soph, swingin' away...

These were all taken at the park/lake on vacation.  I can't remember what the name of it is, and in Amy's defense, Kent asks every year why we are at a lake when we drove 6 hours to see the ocean...





2 comments:

Amy said...

I spent most of my day at the computer also but I have nothing crafty to show for it. I did spray paint a little though. My only comment should have to be the one you got over the phone last night from Jason. Well, I guess there were a couple. He liked your March subway art, and the purple for Addie. I love them. I want to do ones for my kids for their birthdays but can only think of a few positive and more negatives right now, I may have to have help for there's. Dang kids.

Dani said...

love love love this idea! And I like it with purple. So cute.