Sunday, February 13, 2011

My day started with Addy yelling for me from her crib at 6:30am.  She only just went to bed at 11:30 the night before.  I swear it is her mission to ruin me.  My eyes have that dry, burning feeling.  Too bad sleep is still so far away.  I have a Valentines Day cake in the oven and laundry in the washer and dryer.  The Holiday is on lifetime though, and that is one of my favorite movies, so at least I have that going for me.

My eyes could be burning because when I took my grandma home from my sister's house tonight she told me she missed me, and I just started bawling.  I have been having some serious guilt lately because I haven't been in to see her in so long.  I feel so bad.  She hugged me and told me not to feel bad, that I have a young family, and life is busy, and I just felt worse.  She kept hugging me, and I kept apologizing for going so long without visiting her.  I love her a lot.  I have been beyond blessed with amazing grandparents in my life.  I have to make a change.  I have to make time.  I will make time.  At least for a phone call every once in a while for heavens sake.   I just feel so horrible...

Happy Birthday to my stellar sister today.  She is thoughtful, and talented, and generous.  And I hope one day I am more like her. 

Picture....

This was the view from my couch this afternoon.  Nice right?  Don't be jealous...it is the weirdest thing to have a garbage can that big inside your house.

3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Yes, the garbage can in the middle of your house is weird, but oh. my. gosh. What camera did you use to take that picture??? It seriously looks like a magazine photo. A-mazing.

Rachael said...

Are you making fun of me because my house is such a mess? I don't know what magazine would want that picture...

Amy said...

I'm super excited to see it in person, from the picture the entry/carpet lines look really good. Can't wait to see it with laminate!

So sad about Grandma, I would have bawled like a baby too! Thanks for taking her home. I wish we were both better at doing stuff with her, it was nice having her here for dinner.

And thanks for the overly nice description of me, I think you may be talking about another sister though!

And yes, our houses are very happy, even if I think they border on juvenile.

Happy Sucky Valentines Day!