Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Photog Tuesday(make up for missed monday)

So I am either the luckiest mother, or the crappiest mother ever...I hardly saw Addy at all today.  She sat up in Colton's room and watched Toy Story 1&2 almost all day.  After the first one was over she came down to grab a snack and lead me back upstairs to start another one.  She came down for awhile, I tried to put her down for a nap, that didn't work out, and then shortly after she wanted to watch one again.  And so I let her.  It was like free babysitting.  It was awesome.  Actually, it worked out really well because I spent most of the morning and into the afternoon cleaning up sawdust.  And I am still not done.  But I loved baking cookies in my kitchen on my new floor.  Loved it.  And my peanut butter cookies were the shiz. 

Today when Colton came home from school he told me he has a new student in his class.  He then proceeded to tell me how he told some of the girls at school he is Justin Beiber's brother.  He told them he used to live in Canada, that his mom was a teenager when she had him, they asked him what kind of car Justin had, he told them he doesn't have one...he told a pretty convincing story and I was cracking up the whole time he told me about it.  I can't believe how much he remembered from the movie....

Tonight when I was leaving the house, I looked back to admire the heaps of carpet, and pad, and empty flooring boxes, and I was like , wow that looks GHETTO.  And then I realized how broken the blinds are in the upstairs and downstairs windows.  My house went from trash house to crack house.  I am so embarrassed to have people drive by and know I live here...guess we will be making another trip to Lowes...

Pictures...

Aubrey's new obsession is squinkies.  She lines them up, puts them in her pocket, takes them everywhere...you can't see it very well, but that is my new floor...


When Addy came downstairs, I tried to take her picture, she wasn't to happy about it, so she kicked all of the squinkies over...but look how pretty my floor is...
I waited a few minutes and tried to take her picture again.  With no success.  The captions you could put on this picture are limitless..and I had already fixed her hair, and she pulled it out...like she does everyday...lookin good...I promise she really is cute...

And this was Colton after school, he was in a pretty goofy mood...love that kid...

2 comments:

Shayla said...

LOVE the floor. Even when we only got to see a tiny bit of it. Glad to know that we're not the only ones with children obsessed with those stupid, little squishy squinkie toys. Who knew that something so useless could bring so many hours of fun? I refused to spend $10 on them for Christmas so the girls conspired together and bought them as their gifts to each other. So, I ended up spending $20 on them, anyway. Nice. But they love them and play with them and trade them secretly on the bus, so what can you do? Can you come take pictures of my kids at my house? I suck at taking pictures.

Alicia Leppert said...

That picture of Addie is hilarious. I've been sitting here brainstorming captions for it and all I can come up with are ones about her living in a ghetto crack house.

I've never even heard of squinkies! Unless they're the same thing that my kids call squishies that the school gave as prizes last fall during the fundraiser.

So when are we going to see actual pictures of your beautiful floor?! And you get all over me for teasing on my blog.

WV: pannicr. Um, yup, that's me.