Tonight I was the bitter wife. I swear, whoever said marriage and parenthood is 50/50, was the same person that made up unicorns and leprechauns. I'm not saying I am some victim of domestic life or anything, but I often wonder what it would be like to just be able to say "I have this going on at blah blah blah" and that was it. No one cried when you left, no one made you feel like you should be at home, and whatever you came home to, any condition the kids and the house were in, not your problem. Here is the thing though, part of my bitterness stems from feeling like I should have more done. My dad came to measure my floor tonight, and it's stuff like that, that makes you realize how gross your floor is, know what I mean? But, ok, how the H do you balance all of it? How do you manage to do more than just picking up the main living spaces? My laundry room is a disaster, my master bathroom is a dirty joke, and my bedroom is an extension of my laundry room. I'm not saying I can't do it all, I can do anything, I am woman hear me roar and everything, but then there would be no time left for anything else. I guess sometimes it just feels like if I do something for myself like crochet, something I just like to do, for me, I'll end up paying for it somewhere. Ugh. Look at me, with my "Angry Mommy Blog"
My bitterness seemed to fizzle a bit after I finished cleaning and I sat down to cut out some letter J's for Aubrey's preschool teacher. I just turned on some music, and started tracing and cutting, and it was so relaxing. And it didn't hurt that Addy was upstairs with the kids. I watched her walk up the stairs tonight not holding on to anything, she looked like such a big girl. It was a nice reminder that this time is fleeting, and one day she will stop throwing things at me, around me, over me....and coloring on everything, and getting water all over the floor, and pointing butter knives at me saying "DA", her way of saying ta-da....
I think my favorite part of the day lately has been teasing Colton and Payson about girls at school. They get so giggly, and swear over and over that they don't like the girls, and other silly stuff. Colton told me today, "it is fun though, when they chase us"
So here are my pics for this here Monday...
Addy coloring, mostly on the paper...
After school Colton asked if he could call my mom to ask if he could go to her house, Easton and Graycie were calling at the same time....I hurried up and snapped his picture before he left, .5 seconds after he got home..
Guess who didn't want their picture taken....
Later after they were all back home, Kent had been throwing Addy in the air, and if you do it for one, you have to do it for all of 'em. The pictures are less than fantastic, but I love Addy's hair in her pic...and you can see, Colton didn't get to far off the ground...
Kent was done throwing them around, but they were still wound up, which usually equals running or wrestling...why does it always start one way, and end another? Every time....
Merry Freakin Monday...





4 comments:
Just logged into to GoogReader & all of a sudden, your post appeared. Thought I'd leave a comment just seconds after you posted. Ok. Now I've got to go read it.
I don't know how you do it but every post has at least one sentence that I laugh out loud at and re-read a few times because it is just so funny. Tonight it was the second sentence. Holy freakin' funniness. I think it would be funny sometime to go through and pick out all your classic sentences and post them all at once. Like a random made up story. Maybe one day when I'm really bored and all caught up in my own life I'll do that.
I so got you tonight in your post, and unfortunately I think we just have to wait it out. We'll get our groove back someday. I just said groove, it doesn't even sound right in text let alone imagining me saying it out loud. I'm so not a cool mom.
It is nice to be able to leave and not have the kids melt down, but I think on the other end, it does hurt a little and I am a little jealous that they always want you.
Anyway, I'm so happy for long change to be here. I love you so much, even if I have to help with laundry!
If nothing else, you have a husband who leaves you sweet comments on your blog.
How much did I love this post? Let me count the ways. I thought I couldn't possibly love it more...and then I read the last sentence. So here's the thing: you totally hit the nail on the head when you said you *could* do it all, but you would lose. your. mind. If you didn't let it go at least once a day, and choose to ignore the crap that needs to be done to do something just for you, that you love, instead, you would be Bitter Angry Mom all the time. What's the point in having spotless floors and toilet seats so clean you can eat off them if you're too stressed out, exhausted and resentful to enjoy them? I learned this lesson a long time ago. Hence my dirty house and a me who can smile.
Luv ya Rach!
Post a Comment