Saturday, January 29, 2011

Every once in awhile, I have a few minutes of quiet, doing some everyday mindless chore.  Contrary to a past post of mine, this often happens when I am in the shower.  I have always had some of my best ideas and fulfilling thoughts while having a nice quiet shower.  This morning I was reading a little bit about this atheist feminist that is in love with "Mormon Mommy Blogs"  She talks about how joyful and happy there lives seem.  How fulfilled and content they are, and other good words like that.  It made me think.  I do love my life, but I don't know that I am all that positive..

So it led me to think about how blessed my life is.  Seriously, immeasurable.  I have a wonderful, healthy family.  I have meaning and purpose to my life and I truly believe I am living life the way I should.  I have a husband that works hard to make sure I can stay at home, and I want to be at home.  He might think my job is cake now and then, but he has never thought I was being lazy not having a job that pays real money.  He might not be the most doer-est when it comes to household everything, but he never complains about the condition it's in either.  My dinners have been few and far between, and even though I know it must frustrate him, he isn't super critical of the lack there of.  I appreciate that.  Having said that, if you had ever tasted my chicken you might not either...

I have a sister, that today wanted me to go with her to run errands, so she offered to buy me lunch.  At Bruchi's.  Because I wanted it, and she didn't even think it sounded that good.  If that doesn't say 'I love your company' I don't know what does.  And Lisa?  She had the whole house to herself and no money to spend, and went running around with me the other day.  Stuff like that makes a girl feel good.  And blessed.  My list could go on with just the members of my family.  And ah, yeah, I have some pretty amazing friends as well.  I feel all "Spread the Wealth Already".  Just thinking about the people in my life, I know I am doing a lot right. 

I have to move on, I'm getting into "Hugs and Kisses" territory, and yeah...I'm more like 'Hi and a friendly wave.'

Tonight in the car Aubrey told us she doesn't like to drive on the freeway because it gives her 'headiches'.  Colton of cousre corrected her with a quickness.

Same car ride....after eating taco bell Colton told me he was gonna need to take a nap tomorrow to 'adjust his food'.  I asked him what 'adjust his food' meant.  I'll spare you his explanation, but what he meant to say was 'digest'.  Nice right?

Ok, so I can't believe I am actually going to write this, I have put some pretty embarrassing stuff on here before, but this takes the cake, for shiz.  Amy, you know what I am talking about.  Are you in shock right now?  Ok, so here's the thing, everyone has been at the store and has had to go to the bathroom.  But has anyone been sitting in the handi-cap stall playing on their phone and have someone bust open the stall door? And as the person is apologizing, have to kindly ask them to please shut the door because you can't reach it?  And then have the intruder apologize like 3 more times from the outside of the stall and have to keep telling them it's ok.  When it totally wasn't.  If that has ever happened to you, I bet you washed your hands as fast as you could and practically ran out of there.  If it hasn't happened to you, it hasn't happened to me either...I'm just sayin...if....

And, Pictures....(hopefully they will distract you from the previous 'what if')

My babies....babies can distract from anything....




4 comments:

Amy said...

Holy baby cuteness. If only their personalities were as cute as their little bodies, right?

So I went from getting teary eyed to laughing out loud. Nice job. Nice job.

Your 'what if' was so much funnier than it was in the store today, maybe I was distracted by the cute rugs or maybe you just weren't ready to explain the situation as clearly and indepth as you just did. Or maybe you really are funnier in writing than in person...Haha. Just kiddin.

I'm super, super, super glad you went with me today, even if you felt guilty and thought I was soulless or something like that.

Good times all around. We are so blessed.

Suzanne said...

I have to say that I have seen some of the other "mommy" blogs and really, nobody wants to read that. I don't want to read about how fantastic someone else's life is, how great everything is. It will only make me feel worse about myself. I want to hear that other people's kids scream, that they don't make dinner every night, that housework sometimes falls to the bottom of the list and that they are happy any way. That even though the house doesn't look like a catalog, the kids are happy and life goes on. That's the good thing about your blog, I think that by sharing what's real, the good and the bad you connect with others and build them up from the inside. That goes for some other blogs too (you know who you are!).

p.s. My word verification is blessesi, no joke.

Alicia Leppert said...

I can't believe I fell so far behind on your blog! Where did you find that article about mommy blogs? I read it two weeks ago. It fascinated me. I dont think the embarrassing part of your bathroom story is that you got walked in on while you were doing your business, I think it's the fact that you were playing games on your phone. While going to the bathroom. In a store. Awesome.

Lisa said...

wow...could they look more like sanders???? (said in my chandler voice)