Today, Kent was in the kitchen making his smelly eggs for lunch, Danielle stopped by and her and I were visiting in the family room, and Aubrey walked in to the bathroom and said in her very loud voice "What the hell is that?" Of course all of us adults look at each other, start trying to hide our laughter, and she declares again, "what the hell is that thing?" I think she said it at least 2 more times before I could muster up enough mother to tell her it's not ok for her to say hell. The item in question was Colton's new Spiderman toothbrush in it's nifty toothbrush holder that suctions to the mirror.
Addy LOVES cheese....
And look at that, clean clothes and hair recently fixed....I'm pretty sure she has no pants on tho
Right now Aubrey is singing "I Know My Savior Lives". That TOTALLY makes up for her earlier indiscretion. Love that girl. She always tells me how much she loves me by saying little things about how far her love goes. For example, She tells me "Mom, I love you all around the town." My favorite to this date is when she told me she loved me "all around the bay"
Addy came out of the toy closet with a puppy and a recorder and I thought to myself, "Oh, how cute...I wonder if she's gonna play it a song" She put the puppy down, and immediately started beating it over the head with the recorder until I told her to stop. I worry about her.
So, I totally love the movie "Julie and Juliet". Every time I watch it, I think about how cool I think it would be to be Julie and how I wish I could do something like that. 365 days of Julia Childs recipes, and they all taste so good, and they look so good, and even when she fails its funny and she seems to come out on top. Well, I am doing nothing like that, but I did try a recipe for cooking steak in a cast iron skillet in the oven. It turned out ok. Nothing like the movie. When it comes to cooking, I am like that girl who no matter what she does always kills the house plant. Kent is at least nice enough to tell me, "It's better than disappointment stew." Disappointment Stew is of course, a big pot of nothing. I dare say I have cooked some chicken that could stand against that statement. I hate cooking.
I can't believe it's only Wednesday. I still have 2 mornings left to get the kids up and ready. Will this week never end!!!
The last 2 years on vacation we have gone fishing here....
It's the perfect spot, we just pull up in our caravan and get out right at the edge of the lake. The first time Kent let Colton try to cast his line, this happened....
He's lucky it was just his pocket.....
4 comments:
Dude you rock. Thanks for making Dad and I laugh and thanks for making me feel lame. Like everyday. I don't think I can keep reading your blog. I'm starting to feel too inferior and I'm just not use to that position in the family.
Oh my hell, I was laughing my head off at this. My kids are totally going to pull out the hell-word at our house, too. I think it's way too good of a word to be considered cussing. Awesome, Rach. Can I grow up and be you? Did I tell you? A couple days after our GNO I went to get my hair done and had her color it #4 all over. I'm in love with it. Not as pretty as yours, but it makes me smile. :)
Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot imagine one of my kids just throwing hell casually into a conversation. We would fall over dead. But maybe if we actually used the word it wouldn't be as shocking. I actually laughed out loud at the Addy/puppy story. That girl. Bill and I watched The Worst Cooks in America the other day. You should totally go on that show. You definitely win the award for randomness in your posts. My word verification word is twighti. That's super close to Twilight. It must have known it was me.
Nice work. When are you going to blog about all those dead birds we saw down the street?
Post a Comment