The phrase 'baby steps' always makes me think 'Drrr. Leeeooo Marvinnnnn" I 'm going out to dinner on Friday night, maybe I should order some corn and then keep saying 'mmmmmm, mmmmm'.
Ok, so my baby steps? I actually was in bed before midnight, and up and showered at 7:30. Then around 9, I took a nap. So, not quite in bed by 11, and not quite up and reading and cleaning, but it's still better than yesterday.
This morning I was looking at Addy's lil feet in her yellow footed jammies and realized they look like Winnie the Pooh feet. I bet Winnie the Pooh wouldn't throw himself on the ground and yell at his mother like she does...
So, the talk I had with Aubrey about words we use and don't use, apparently didn't stick very well. When I was picking her up from preschool there were some kids around the car so I couldn't back out right away. She starts looking around out the windows and very slowly and punctuated she said "what. the. hell?" Heaven help me because I think it sounds so funny, I didn't laugh or anything out loud though. We of course reviewed the inappropriateness of that word. I was telling Amy and Lisa that she said it again and Lisa asked me if Kent and I say it alot, and I said no, especially not Kent. Then like an hour later I was on the phone with Lisa and I was cleaning out my sink when I said "what the hell is this stuff" and I realized maybe I say it more than I might have thought....Maybe resolution #3 is becoming clearer....
Alicia, will you pleeaaase invite me over to play the xbox kinect?
On our way out this afternoon Aubrey caught Addy dumping bath bubbles all over my bedroom carpet. The sad thing is I was in my bedroom too, and didn't notice. I was in a hurry so I put a towel over it and left. 5 hours later and the towel is still there. Right before the bubble incident she was in my closet pointing to all of Kent's stuff and saying da-da over and over. Then she picked up a pair of his underwear and said 'eeewwww' and threw them down. I think I laughed for like 5 minutes.
Tonight at Colton's basketball they had 4 cones spread across the court and the kids were supposed to dribble to each cone and then stop and do some crossovers. Colton and Payson couldn't keep their eyes off each other in an effort to be the first one done. When Colton realized Payson was getting ahead of him, and staying ahead of him, his crossovers got fewer and fewer, and then he quit dribbling all together and started running just to try and beat Payson back to the line. Never mind the fact that he didn't even run the drill, so long as he won. And after all that self compromise, he still didn't win. He couldn't stand still either. It's fun to see how much more into sports he is this year, it's the first time he doesn't seem so reserved....
So I have really been trying to keep up with my housework, get dressed everyday, cook, take Colton to his different activities, have play dates, all that good stay at home mom stuff. And aside from the naps that could be cured with an early bed time, I think I have been doing pretty well. I have been feeling that sense of accomplishment and balance that you are supposed to have when your life is in order. But here is the catch. It totally makes me feel like I should get a paycheck, or Kent should be gushing over how great I am, or some reward for heavens sake! I know the world is playing it's smallest violin for me now, but throw me a frickin bone here, why isn't Mother's Day more than 1 time a year? You feel me?
And my pictures...
Look, another one of those pictures that make you say "Really? I really took that? But why? Why would I do that?"
My boys...
With Pudgy on his lap, Tiny looks like he is in a wheelchair not a stroller...hard to believe they are only 6 weeks apart...
This picture always amuses me because there is a giant, wild cat, with only zoo glass separating it from Colton, and his is looking at something somewhere else...




6 comments:
I laughed as usual but am having major issues with you right now. You see, after a day of being pampered by you yesterday you requested public recognition for your acts of service. Now today, I pampered you, if only a fraction of your pampering, and I didn't even get honorable mention. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
Sorry dude. Amy bought me pizza for lunch, and brought me a diet coke, and sewed up my pillow that I forgot in the car. My sister is amazing. Almost as amazing as chocolate chip cookies
oops, my chocolate chip cookies
The comment section SOOOOOO doesn't count. Loser.
Oh my gosh!! What is up with our sons and their obsessive need to be better than the other at everything under the sun??!! I laughed so hard at that story because I can totally see it! Seriously, I think they need couples therapy. And yes! You can come play the Kinect any time! We should have a Kinect girls night. How fun would that be? You so should get an award for doing all that stuff. That's the worst part of being SAHM's--no recognition or praise. So here it is: kudos to you, Rachael, kudos to you. And if you order corn at dinner on Friday and say that, I'll order it too and say, "This corn is like an angel."
what. the. hell???? uh yeah, laughed harder when you told me in person. it's the animation with the annunciation. and oh, my breaking heart. our boys are too cute. it hurts though that they don't look like that any more. just so you know, i'm super proud of you. doing amazing with your resolution, plus the things at home...you should get an award.
Post a Comment