I know I had a few things through out today that I thought, I might blog about that, and right now I am totally drawing a blank. Seriously, I think I am going to start carrying a little notebook in my pocket...
I decided today that I am smitten with Aubrey right now. I love listening to her play with her toys, and the things she says and does with Addy. Her castle has taken permanent residence in the middle of the family room. I don't even ask her to put it away because she plays with it almost all day. I love that she asks me if I will sleep with her til the morning and wake her up when I wake up. I just, I can't know how to put it all down in words, I think smitten is really the best way to describe it. I love my Aubs.
For as smitten and puppy love as I am with Aubrey, I am in that 'intense relationship' with Addy. The kind where you are screaming at each other one minute and then laughing together the next. The kind of relationship your friends would tell you, you don't need in your life, but no matter what, you can't break free of. She is in to everything, always, and everywhere. But holy cow, she makes my heart all a flutter. She does the funniest, cutest things, and I love that stage where they are always doing something new, so many 'first time I've seen her do that'. I think I'll keep her. Tonight I had her lay by me when it was time to go to bed. I know I need to take advantage of the quiet moments with her, and just snuggle. She is my first kid to go to bed on her own. It's so bitter sweet. I loved laying with Colt and Aubs, but I can't resist the freedom of just laying her down. I so loved the way her sleepy lil body felt next to me...
Colton spent most of the weekend away. Maverick was in town so he spent a lot of time at Denice's. She took him golfing today, and out to Red Robin. Jealous. Her and John got Colton some golf clubs for Christmas and today was the first time he used them. I asked him how he liked his new clubs and he told me they were ok, but they couldn't hit very far. I said maybe you just need to swing a little harder. He being the pro, said 'no, you're supposed to swing sloooow'. It is so Colton to figure it's the clubs fault his ball didn't go far. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of him today because I didn't see him until about 8:00 tonight. I really kinda missed him. The kind of missing that I wish I could just keep him home from school tomorrow and do something fun together. Good thing I am realistic enough to know that by 10:00am, I would know I had made a mistake. And you know all the learning and stuff...
We went to Costco today, and you might think that the most ridiculous thing we got was the $7 strawberries, but I'm gonna have to say it was the 56oz bag of peanut m&ms....
Okay, so with the pictures today, I kinda thought about taking pictures of the kids hands. I love little kids hands...this is how my pictures went...
Aubrey holding one of her favorite snacks...when I asked what she wanted me to bring her from the grocery store she picked skittles with a quickness...
I love this one...I'm sure I could have done some editing to make these pictures look like a normal human color, but at 11:30, I am a lazy piece...
After the skittles were mostly consumed, so like 5 minutes later, Aubrey was laying on the floor talking to me and I kept taking her picture....I promise she doesn't look this sickly in person...I just suck at lightning..
She wanted me to stop...
And Addy, eating one of her favorite snacks...yogurt...
And about 30 seconds later...
She did the same thing with her potatoes at dinner. And then she smeared them across her chest.
2 comments:
Hellloooo E.T. Aubs seriously needs to see some sunlight. I'd almost recommend spray tanning at this point. Almost. So, the yogurt hands? Total flash back to like last week with my children and their terrible eating habits. So glad I'm past that, ha! Like I'll ever be past that...
That's so weird. I did the same thing with my potatoes at dinner tonight. Love the little hands. And Aubrey mad that you're still taking her picture. Best part tho, was "all the learning and stuff."
Post a Comment