Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Joke is on Me...

So, you know what is so funny?  Last night I posted about how awesome all of you guys are with your comments, and then today I checked my email at least 4 times, and the only people who commented were my sisters.  It's nine o' clock ladies, where have you been???

I just ate a pink starburst.  Those are so totally the best ones.  I want to eat a whole bowl of them.  Speaking of, I had the absolute best smoothie from the DQ behind the mall the other night, and seriously it is all I have thought about since.  It was tropical tango, and I want to marry it.

Tonight Kent and I went to check out a taekwon do class at Lifequest that Colton is dying to join.  There was this part where some older kids hold a big pad and the kids have to kick and punch it, and did he ever.  I could not believe how serious he took it.  The best part was watching him try to do it while he watched us to make sure we were watching him.  So, I think every Tuesday and Thursday I will be hanging out at the gym not exercising.  And on Wednesdays for the next 6 weeks he will be doing a basketball camp.  I am so hoping this will burn off some of that overly crazy winter-to cold outside-energy the kids always seem to have.  You know what the lame part was tonight?  I seriously almost started crying watching him be so excited about something.   When we first got there, he was so in to it, it's just always so cool watching them turn into little individuals.   That sounds so much deeper than I really am. 

Today Aubrey kept asking me to come play with her princesses with her.  We got out her big Melissa and Doug castle, and every princess, puppy, and prince in creation and got started setting up.  That's what she does, set everybody up all around.  She knows which characters can stand, and where she puts the ones that fall down, and we even put the bad guys in the dungeon.  I love that she considers Grumpy the dwarf bad because of the scowl on his face.  We made an ocean with the blue blocks and then Ariel, King Triton, Sebastian, and "the flounders"(she has 3, so of course that means 1 mom, 1 dad, 1 baby)had a pretty nice place to hang out.  She insisted we set up every single character.  Sometimes I over hear her do voices and have conversations, and I love it.  And of course it usually ends in an "ADDY!  NO!  MOM!"

I could hear Kent and Aubrey talking in the next room, and then Aubrey came to find me and she said "Momb, dad said we could get a dog Sunday!"  It was so sad to tell her no, he in fact had told her someday. 

So lately, Addy keeps taking me by the hand and leading me in the kitchen.  All the time.  Like every 5 minutes.  I try to hide my hands, and she just gets really angry and tries to go all "Misery" on me.  I beg her to ask someone else, and she almost never will.  If I am nothing else, I am high in demand...


I am so tired.  I have been reading a lot of German swear words.  I want Kent to stop punishing me by leaving the big black garbage can next to my front door because that homeless person ripped open my garbage sack.

I am seriously gonna pick the first picture I see....

This is Addison on the steps where we stay on vacation.  I think there might be a sea lion in the background.  I can't really make it out for sure, too bad Lisa didn't take the picture....

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ok, now I'm laughing! Thanks Rach!

Amy said...

I know you love comments, and I know I love comments but my head is foggy and my brain hurts so I can't really think of anything other than I laughed, but you already know that since I read it while on the phone with you. I loved watching Colton at TKD last night, it was classic. I can't handle my kids already this morning. I'm gonna go lay down. In typical Amy fashion, this has been a all been about me today, not about you kinda comment. At least it's a comment.

Lisa said...

Yeah Colton is gung ho for tae kwon do! Super cute to watch how excited he gets. :) and it is TOO bad I didn't take that pic of addy, for if I did...I woulda captured the true essence of that moment. You would have been able to not only see the sea lion in the background, but you would have seen that the smile on her face was brought by the unicorn standing in front of her, holding a lolipop, and a puppy with a leash waiting for her to take hold. You would have seen the rainbow in the sky, with a pot of pringles and cupcakes at the end. A stroller with a baby doll made of sugar just at her reach and of course, you would have seen all of this reflecting....IN HER EYES! I release you! If only I HAD taken that picture...TOO bad. :)

Alicia Leppert said...

I know! I'm a crap friend! I'm not used to this blogging every day thing! I only remember every few days and then when I finally come and read I see that you mentioned me like, 3 days ago and I never commented and you were probably like, rude much? I'll do better, I promise.

Melissa and Doug??? Are they the common-law married couple that live on the other side of the tracks from Barbie and Ken? I can just see Doug in his wife beater holding his beer and Melissa in her ultra-low rise skinny jeans so as to show off her tramp stamp and the top of her neon pink thong.

I think I'm gonna start dreaming in German curse words soon. Scheiss!