Thursday, January 13, 2011

I have to vent for just a second, then I'll move on, I promise.  Why do kids who have practically everything complain that they never get to do anything or go anywhere or get anything?  Why?Why?WHY?  I feel like I am doing everything, and there is no freakin prize box for me to pick out of!  Ok, I'm done.  I hope.


Colton is officially signed up for taekwon do.  He was so excited until he realized we didn't have time to stay at my moms very long.  Spencer is doing it too, and Trenton, well he's on the fence I think.  I picked Spencer up on the way and he was telling Colton in the car about this girl who's name he doesn't know that tries to kiss boys at school.  He said "this other girl that works for the girl or something got this boy Alexander and took him over to the girl" and.....he stopped talking but Colton said "eww, nasty".  I asked him if she tries to kiss him and he said no cause he hides.  He is spying.  Apparently he did some tricky moves and hid on the slide.  Colton congratulated him on his accomplishment, and Spencer said "yep, just 4 more months"  I asked him until what, and he said until he's done spying cause school will be over.


Addy was quite entertaining today.  She woke up gasping that "oh no!" gasp and she did it all day.  It was usually followed by her saying "mama, m-owe!  bye-bye, owe" and pointing to the little scratches on her hand from my mom's cat.  Mowe, is the best way I can describe how she says cat.  Everytime she says it I think of a cat in heat.  She repeated this story all day, she would point outside like the cat was coming to get her.  Oh, and she did the cutest thing ever today.  She wanted me to follow her so she did the little 'come here' with her cute little finger...right to the heart...



So this is a list of things I accomplished today, I'll leave out the stuff I didn't do...
*played outside with the girls
*took down my bat lights from October
*cleaned out my car


Nice right?  Short list, but whatevs.  I thought it was funny when my mom stopped by today that she didn't say anything about me taking the lights down, because she sure said enough about me leaving them up.  


This conversation was on our way home tonight...

Colton:  Mom
Me:  What?(you have to say what or they just keep saying mom)
Colton: I would not want to be a person in the 1950's
Me:  Why?
Colton: Because, if I was black I couldn't check out a book at the library


So here are a few pictures that I took outside today...that's like 5 gold stars, I played outside with them and I took pictures. ...

Aubrey on the swing....


This is Addy falling out of her swing after a pushed her...
the swing hit her in the head on the way back...

This is Addy when I told her she couldn't bring her blanket outside...

Aubrey insisted that I take this picture of her...and then immediately wanted to see it...

And I just love this one...

5 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

So that sucks. You changed your comment box to a pop-up window just for me and my phone opens it up in a new window anyway, like it does everything. Grrrrr! My kids do the same thing--complain about wanting more--and I get so mad and totally pull the "starving kids in Africa" thing. I hate that they have no idea how good they have it. And you finally took your bats down!! Congratulations! Although, it probably would have made more sense at this point to just leave them up for next Halloween. That close-up of Addy's heartbroken, crying face is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm an idiot. I just realized that it opens up your comments in a new window, which means I can just slide back over to the other window to peek at your blog and come back. Problem solved.

Suzanne said...

A list of things completed is sometimes the only thing that keeps me going. I even have an app for my phone that has a "to do" list, but when you are done it doesn't delete it, it just moves to the "done" list! So I can flip to it at any time and see how much I have actually done. It's especially helpful when there is laundry piled up everywhere and no dinner made! Now if I could just figure out how to send that list to Pete's phone everyday!

Karen said...

I became so accustomed to your bats that after Christmas I thought same thing as Alicia...why take em down now! But you did...great accomplishment!
Keep keeping a list...its good to see what you do do:)
Gotta start recording or documenting those conversation Spence and Colt have...they are priceless!

Lisa said...

k, first off...your pictures are fantastic! the last one is my fave...so precious! (even if i didn't take em.)

i love that colton is so concerned about checking out a book. that made me laugh. so funny, that boy. love your posts...sorry i'm a lil slow at keeping up with them. you'll have to forgive me...this is the most i've looked at blogs...ever!