Sunday, January 16, 2011

2 weeks down, 50 to go...

Check me out, 2 weeks straight!  In a few more posts I'll have blogged more this year than I did for all of last year.

So, Kent took Colton snowboarding for the first time this season, and it sounds like he did pretty awesome.  Apparently he would jump up and land and then keep on going.  I am so sad I missed it.  I'm hoping we can take him and Aubs up soon so I can take some pictures.  Actually what would be the best is going up to Silver, Kent has me totally drooling to go.  Colton and Kent went up with Ryan and Maverick too, it was the first time Colton got to go with another kid and from the sounds of it, he was diggin' it.  I went to pick him up from Denice's tonight, and he totally played the "mom, can I stay up?  I haven't got to see you all day..."  So I told him if he really missed me that much and he only wanted to stay up because he really missed me, we could spend time together putting the groceries away.  I could see him thinking 'awe crap 'but when we got home he helped me out a ton.  And after our work was done we killed a box a macaroni and cheese.

I am so tired right now.  Addy woke up at 6:20 this morning and I didn't go to bed until 3am.  I finally conceded at 8:30 and got out of bed.  She is gonna kill me I just know it.  She will punch you in the face one minute and then want you to paint her toes the next.  She is following in Aubrey's footsteps with the lip gloss obsession, only if she has it for too long it's full on in her mouth.  So gross. It's pretty cute when Aubrey is gone, because she says 'Uh, Aubs?" with her little arms turned up all the time wondering where she is.  I'm going to have to do a post just about her soon, there is so much I want to remember about all the a adorable and horrendous things she does.

Today I was vacuuming the kitchen and family room, and Kent asked me 'why I was going all crazy cleaning'.  I just.......I mean...really?  Since when was vacuuming doing crazy amounts of cleaning?  Wait...maybe for someone who never has to do it, it might seem that way.  Don't be mad Kent, you know it's true.

You know what I did today that was so much fun? I made something.  The pictures don't do it justice.  I have to say I am crushing hard on my new little decoration.  Amy and I have been gathering up different yarn colors for me to crochet, cause I am an old lady.  Seriously my gray hairs make me want to crawl under a rock and die.  Some might say "really?  it's not your saggy #$% that makes you feel that way?"  Anyway, I put them all together and this is how it came out.  Feel free my friends to come see it in person.  If it's not your style, boo.  Go over to Lisa's blog and check out some sea lions instead....


 
These pictures are from the fishing trip on vacation.  I think this one of Kent and Colton is so sweet...

The relevance of this picture isn't Addy, whenever I scroll through the pictures, I see the licorice in the background.  It's just one of those things that makes me excited to go back.  Not junk food per-say, but it's just so us.  We never go anywhere without some food packed because we usually don't know where we will end up, or what we will decide to do.  Packing snacks is just as important as grabbing your coat...
4lbs, hells yeah...

6 comments:

Mallary said...

When I went to bed at 11:30 I was sooo nervous you were going to miss today! I love you crochet decoration. Super cute!

Lisa said...

Bwahahahaha!!! Hells yeah! Ah, the junk food is the best, I swear we could feed a small country with the amount of food we tote around. :) and your decoration....be still my heart. I would like an exact replica, please. I know it ls you cause you made it and all, but I feel like it's so me too. I won't rest until I have one. :)

Anna K. said...

I LOVE your new crafty decoration! I want oneeeeeeeeee.

Suzanne said...

I want 4 lbs of red vines!

Dani said...

Love love love love love it!!! Can't wait to come see the impact it has in real life!

Alicia Leppert said...

2 weeks! Woot! Woot! I'm so curious who will cave first--you missing a day of blogging, or me eating sugar. It's a race to the finish! I LOVE your crocheted decor!! You got mad granny skills! I wanna learn how!!