Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You know what I have been thinking lately?  I so wish that blogs had a sound button, I was just telling Lisa today.  You know, an underlined word or phrase that instead of linking you somewhere, just played your sound, or quote, or whatever.  Like parts from movies, or Friends quotes, or the kids laughing.  Josh, if you are reading this, here is your million dollar idea.  Make my dream come to life. 

Tonight the kids were watching Toy Story 3, and at the very end when the credits are rolling, Buzz is in spanish mode and he starts dancing with Jessie.  Aubrey danced the hole time the song played trying to imitate their moves, and I was smiling the whole time.  Girl has some moves, hopefully that will make up for her voice, her singing voice.  Yesterday I was on the phone with a lady from our pediatricians office and Aubrey walked by me singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the lady just started cracking up.  Of course she could hear her. 

Typically, when I read a book, I can usually find it in the last place I was reading.  I couldn't find it anywhere, and I realized Addy put it on the kids book shelf.  I caught her doing it a couple more times today whenever I would walk away from my book.  I don't know why, but, be still my heart. 

Yesterday I totally tricked Colton with his "I have to tell you something" joke, and it killed him!  It was awesome.  He was so surprised, and of course because he is who he is, he calculated it as a loss.  He vowed to get me back.  And he knows he will, because he knows everything.  Just ask him.

My Grandma always drives out to the egg farm and buys all of these huge eggs that are almost always double yoked.  Tonight Kent was peeling a hard boiled one, and he said "look.  testicles."  It was so gross, and so true.  They looked like gross discolored testicles.  He has an eye, that one....

I thought blogging everyday would be easy.  I never run out of things to talk about.  Ask anyone, never an awkward silence when talking to me.  But, it has been a little harder than I expected.  Amy thinks maybe it's because no one is talking back....maybe....but usually I am just waiting for my turn to talk again when having a conversation, so I'm not sure if that's really it....

Ok, picture time, let me see, let me see.......

These pictures were taken on my phone the last day of vacation.  Our last stop in Lincoln City was a donut shop on the way out of town.  My only regret was not getting 4 times the amount of donut holes.  Kent and I want to start a tradition of stopping there on our way out every year.  I'm thinking maybe on the way in too, and mid week a few times....The nice part is, Lisa wasn't there, so she won't have better pictures of the shop than me...



3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Yay, I'm your first commenter! I got my first double-yoked egg last week. It was ridiculous how thrilling it was for me. I just kept staring at it, thinking of the little twin chicks that will never be. Didn't think of testicles though. How much did I love so much that you said you're always just waiting for your turn to talk. We all feel that way, but you own up to it and that's why I love you. So Kent showed up unexpectedly at my door today when he dropped off Payson. I was sleeping on the couch, and he said, "hello? Are you decent?" I guess that's only fair when yesterday he saw me in my pajamas at 3:30 in the afternoon. And today I was sleeping at 5:00. Yeah, I'm pretty much awesome.

Lisa said...

Well I wouldn't have had to been there to take better pictures, I couldve gotten better pictures from miles away. I wouldve however, used an Aubrey double...cause let's face it...she was obviously not on her game that day...course the photographer is usually to blame, so I take that back.

Kent is like my fave...never a dull moment, or shall I say...never an appropriate moment, haha! That's why vacation is always so much fun. Pretty much a filth fest. :)

Let's hope these sound buttons become a reality. It's due time. The whoot whoots, and hollas just aren't cutting it anymore n

Mallary said...

Rach, I am loving your daily posts. Seriously. You are such a great writer!