Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A spoonful of sugar

So, the other day I came across a recipe for banana bread(one of my favorite things) that called for cream cheese(another favorite) and I have been thinking about it ever since.  Today I finally got the few things I was missing to bake me some bread.  After I creamed the butter and cream cheese, I realized it called for 2 CUPS OF SUGAR!  Don't get me wrong, I am in a serious relationship with sugar, but 2 cups?  In bread?  Obviously I forged ahead, and the result is still pretty delicious, but I just keep looking at it thinking every time I eat a slice I'm probably consuming 3 tablespoons of sugar, oh and it has a streussel topping with none other than brown sugar.  Do you think 3 cups of flour cancels out 2 cups of sugar?

I hope Addison doesn't have fluoride poisoning, I just found her sucking on a tube of toothpaste.  I figured that meant bedtime.  I just hope she actually goes to sleep.

The kids keep asking for a dog.  It's pretty much an everyday thing now. Colton told me tonight that he thinks since Kent is the only one who doesn't want a dog it shouldn't count because 4 of us want one and only one of us doesn't.  If it was just that easy....

Addison is upstairs crying.  I guess she didn't go to sleep.  That's too bad...the worst part is, if she doesn't stop soon, I will have to go in there or she will throw up.  Lucky, lucky me....


Picture....

 In 2006 I went down with my parents in August to the beach to check out a new place for us all to stay.  We had officially out grown the house we had been staying in. Mallary went with us too, see her in the background?  I loved listening to Colton say her name because it sounded more like "Mary"


I really only took a few pictures.  This is all I have of Aubrey in the hotel room...not the best pictures ever, but proof that she was there...

She still hasn't outgrown the crazy hair...
it's like she can see into your soul!  Blink already....

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ah man, I forgot about sending Jason over to get some of that banana bread. I am especially excited to try out the struessel topping. Guess I'll just wait for you to bring me some tomorrow when you come to look at my curtain choices and your cute curtains and my cute rug. See you bright and early...............?

Oh yea, quit it already with the cutie flash back pictures...It makes me sad.

Alicia Leppert said...

So funny to see Aubrey's baby eyes bugged out and staring at the camera and now she's looking away in every picture. 2 cups of sugar is insane. Don't go into diabetic shock please. Or if you must, at least do it over something ice-creamy or chocolatey, not bread made out of fruit! P.S. About the dog: don't do it don't do it don't do it don't do it

Kent said...

Could you make some healthy snacks for once?? I did try it this morning, pretty good but I prefer the regular bread. The sugar really doesn't do anything for it.

Lisa said...

i think the caption below that last pic should read, "i release you!" haha. but she kinda looks like kevin from up.

i'm gonna have to come try some of that bread...sounds devine. would be a perfect chaser to the cotton candy i just had for breakfast. :)

look at me all commenting so soon after you posted