Sunday, January 23, 2011

3 weeks down, 49 to go....

We just got home from the basketball game.  All the kids are asleep in their bed.  I'm tired, so tired.  Girls Night Out last night turned into 4:00am way to fast.

The game was seriously so fun.  Kent has been going to watch Arizona play WSU for about 6 years.  I of course hadn't been in awhile, I was either super pregnant, lactating, or the kids were too little for me to leave.  I am seriously so thankful Lisa and Steve watched Addy so I could go.  I hope this tradition lasts for a long time.  Colton would get so excited if Arizona made their shot, and if they missed he would say stuff like "Are you kidding me?  Why didn't they make that?"  We had to remind him a couple of times to cheer a little quieter, so as not to piss off the crazed Cougar crowd we were surrounded by.  We didn't want to be 'those people'.  I was telling Kent that I wished we could have cheered loud at least once so they would know they had 3 fans there.  The guy next to me probably thought I had a nervous tick or something because when Az would score, I would move my hands to clap and then stop myself, it looked pretty awkward...The crowd there was crazy, and the nutty part about the fans is how insanely loud they can get, and then how silent it is when one of their own is at the free throw line.  I loved it.  It's crazy how emotionally invested you feel by the end of the game.  I can't imagine what it would feel like to be an athlete on the opposing team having trash talk spewed at you for 2 hours and crappy calls made and then just keep on going...The last minute or so was pretty intense and back and forth, the whole crowd was standing up so we put Colton on his seat so he could still see and he had his arms around me and Kent, it was a "my cup runneth over" moment.  But the highlight of the game for me was in the last 20 seconds Az was up by 2 and Cougars had the ball and Colton hides his face and says in the cutest voice "I can't look!  I can't look!"  seriously the best.  I hope going to these games with his dad will be a big part of his memories growing up....and lets not forget Arizona won, and the Cougars didn't.  I'm sure all the half dressed cheerleaders will make everyone feel better, cause their basketball team sure didn't!  Holla!

I don't know if I will ever get passed the feeling of someone staring at me though.  Seriously one look at Kent's shirt and Colton's jersey, and it was over.  And they don't just look at you for a second, some of them stare for a completely inappropriate amount of time.  When the people let us walk out in front of them to get to the isle, I told Kent they probably only let us through because they wanted us out of there...And I almost forgot, our seats were amazing...

Kent and Colton back in 2008, AZ@WSU



Foolish right?

2 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing ever how into the game Colton was, even at the end. I think Payson would be asking for his DS after ten mins. Maybe it'syour guy's enthusiasm that rubs off.
That cracks me up picturing you guys in your ASU getup and people throwing you hate glares. Wasn't there any Arizona section you could sit in?
Sounds like a blast. Im glad you guys got to do that. And can I just say how unfair it is that your phone let's you put pics on your blog and mine doesn't? Stupid iPhone. (Just kidding, iPhone, I love you.)

Lisa said...

yes...foolish. ;)

when i first scrolled down and saw that picture, i thought...holy crapola colton looks young. then i realized it was a old picture, duh. you are so welcome. addy and aubrey were great...aside from being vampires and staying up til the wee hours of the morning. ;)

i'm glad i had the chance to bond with my 'other' daughter.