I have to start with saying, good job to myself! Holla! I made it a whole week blogging and I have had so much fun.
Ugh, Kent has been at work a lot as of late, and needless to say, I am not lovin it. Basically it means zero time to myself, or toting the kids to a babysitter. That is a lot of in and out of the car all by myself. And Addy always wants her blanket, Jessie, Woody, a dog, a snack, everything she sees as we are walking out of the door. Aubrey asks if she can take every toy with her, and Colton almost always makes Aubrey cry sometime between walking out of the door and pulling out of the driveway.
I am so not alone that at least one if not both of my girls climb in the shower with me. It saves time and water, but I have always appreciated that time just to think. Having said that, it obviously doesn't mean so much that I get up extra early to avoid the communal shower. And yes, we have talked about how their's will look like that too someday.
The other day I was helping Colton clean his room and as he walked past me he tapped my stomach and told me, "you need to have a baby already, your stomach is so big" I followed up by telling him how rude that was, and that he shouldn't say things like that to people. What I really felt like yelling at him was "Shut-up! It's all your fault I look like this in the first place! I was perfectly fine before I had kids! You Idiot!" totally said in Ben Stiller's voice when he dated Rachel on Friends. My mom always says, 'outta the mouths of babes'...is total crap sometimes...
Today when Colton was dust busting up the crackers off the floor Addy turned and looked at me and kept saying "mama, mama" and putting her hands on the sides of her head. She was trying to get me to cover my ears because of the noise. It was so cute, and it totally cracked me up that she was not even close to covering her ears. I showed her where to put her hands and every time Colton started it again she would say "mama mama" and cover her ears and watch until I covered mine. Those moments are the best...
How come the week goes by so slow, and the weekend so fast?! How come the dishes and laundry are never actually done? How come I never want to go to church, but glad when I am there? How come Amy always finds all the good deals and I don't? Why does it seem like such a chore to leave the house? How come I am a whiney baby? Seriously.
I love that Aubrey still likes to play with my hair. I love that Addy's voice is as deep as Carson's is high. I love that Colton tries so hard to please me when he is trying to earn back a privilege. I love that Colton still tells me he loves me when he is leaving for school. I love that Kent facebooks pictures of the pies I make him. I love to watch all 3 of the kids play together. I love when Addy pretends to be asleep. I love when all of the kids try to sit next to me at the same time....I love to be sarcastic.
I totally can't focus on this. My mind is in a million different places, so dumb. I guess I'll just get on with my random picture. This has been my favorite part. Posting random pictures that would otherwise go on living in my photo folder getting skipped on over like a middle child...
I love sandy feet....
The first 3 are Addy, I think the last ones are Trenton's...
2 comments:
Again...laughing so hard at your post, especially your Ben Stiller impression. Imagining you actually screaming that at Colton was pure comedy. I used to complain to Bill all the time that it's his fault I'm fat cause he got me pregnant. It always made me feel a little bit better, placing the blame elsewhere. I don't say it anymore, because now he could come back with, "Yes, yes I did. 8 YEARS AGO!!"
Loved the shower scene. I don't tell Macy her body will look like mine one day cause it would scar her for life. Congrats on making it a whole week! I love suddenly remembering throughout the day to go to your blog and there's always something new to read.
Yay! A whole weeks worth of you was totally worth it for me. So thanks. :) Oh my gosh! how many times have I wanted to yell at my girls that I'm fat because of them! :) They DO know that is why I have all the stretch marks in every place imaginable and that's enough to make them never want to have children. Hopefully that lasts until they get married and the mommy-gene pops up and tells them they want kids no matter what it does to their beautiful bodies. ;) Fooled, I tell ya, we were all fooled! Seriously, there is nothing cuter than chubby feet covered in sand. I have a zillion pictures just like those on my computer, too.
Post a Comment