Friday, January 7, 2011

I hate picking a title...

Today Aubrey had a new little friend from preschool come over to play.  They seriously did so good.  They played the entire time, and the house isn't even destroyed.  Every time Aubs has a friend over, she always finds some way to say "butt".  Kinda like she's showing off or something, and I remind her not to use that word, and I don't hear it for the rest of the time.  Girl is gonna grow up to be a trucker.  While we were driving her friend home, Aubrey asked where she lived, and I told her kinda over by Aunt Amy's house.  She started to tell her friend..."yeah that's my weird....I mean awesome Aunt.  And Sophie lives there, she is my best friend, but cept she is mean sometimes."  

When we got home from picking Colton up from school Aubs found the key to her mailbox in the car.  She was so excited and declared something about how she always wanted to find it.  Colton said "Oh yeah, well I always wanted a brother."

It took me until after 10 o'clock this morning to clean up the popcorn off the floor.  And this morning when I opened the front door, the super full garbage bag I left on the porch was torn apart by a dog, or homeless person or something.  I walked right past it.  And then walked right past it again coming back into the house.  And repeated all of that when I had to pick Aubrey up from preschool.  Ghetto right?

I didn't know if I was gonna write about this, but in Aubrey's words "what the hell"  So, the little girl that came over today, her mom is Kent's ex-girlfriend from high school.  It doesn't really bother me, I thought it was kinda funny at first.  Until I took her home.  I can't help but compare myself a little.  I had kinda been wondering, was it weird for her when I called her and Kent's name came up on caller-id?  When she first saw me did she think something like, he really down graded?  Anyway, I am taking the friend home, in my t-shirt and half-@#$ed make-up, and hair not so fixed and I pull into the driveway of this really nice house, that is even more beautiful on the inside and she is dressed all cute, full on make-up, skinnier after 5 kids than I am after 3, and my heart sinks a little.  Kinda like I feel like a joke.  I know it's stupid, but I wanted to go home and crawl back in bed.  So dumb right?  They dated like a million years ago!  I have been feeling a little on the blah side anyway lately, and I think my 'this side of frumpy'  kinda caught up with me.  Obviously I haven't out grown High School insecurities.  I feel like Eyore. 

On a brighter note, my sister is crazy enough to have all the kids over at her house tonight, so me and Addy will have a little time to ourselves.  Too bad she is the most difficult one out of all 3.  Even so, the math is always good, 3-2=1, and that is a plus for any mom.

Maybe finding a picture will make me feel better....

This was Addy's first pony tail.  Proud moment for me.  I always made fun of tyson when he was little because one of his top, front teeth came almost all the way in before the other one even started.  And then lo and behold, my next child...1 front tooth for longer than I care to remember.  Karma....


Ok, so you know when you actually see something in the ocean, and it is the shiz?  You get all excited, and can't stop staring?  Well, Lisa and I were at our duplex and she spotted some seals, and we start snapping away.  At the time it makes sense, but then when you are back at home and you have 50 million pictures of ocean waves and tiny little sea lions/seals you think what am I ever going to do with those?  Why did it seem so important at the time?  It's not like I birthed them and sent them in to the wild.  This is no Free Willy story.  But even knowing that, I still don't delete them...dumb right?
can you see him?  Look, here's 2....

6 comments:

Amy said...

Seriously, how do you make everything so funny? Once again, the queen of randomness and humor. Oh Erma, what would I do without you? No wonder your kids are so clingy, I would wanna hang all over a super funny person like you too, but I'm grown, and your sister, and so it would just be weird. I wish I wasn't so uptight and cynical and that a little black rain cloud didn't permanently reside over my head.

Karen said...

I like your pictures. Even sea lion pictures. I like the fact that you have a camera that has a lense that allows you to take pictures of sea lions that far out in the ocean. So for people like me who do not have a camera with a lense that can do that, I appreciate what your camera and you saw and you took a picture of it so I could see what you saw on our vacation. Keep taking pictures:)

Anna K. said...

Your children say the funniest things. And Kent's old girl probably just wanted to impress you. its a girl thing. Im sure she got ready all nice because she knew you were coming.

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh, why are you so funny?! This post was the best by far. Homeless person...priceless. So who the heck is this girl?! Never mind, I'm gonna text you cause I'm sure you don't want to put it on here. Seriously, birthing seals? I'm proud to call you my friend.

Shayla said...

I totally love that I'm not the only person that takes random photos of crap that I question later on, but STILL don't delete. You just never know when you might need a picture of....? The seal or sea lion or whatever pics are totally worth it. Totally. Yeah, I'd be kinda freaking out about the ex-girlfriend chica, too. And I have a reason to think he might have downgraded (you know, practically 100lbs. more and all). And Nate doesn't even really HAVE any ex-girlfriends I'd ever run into. I was the only one worth remembering. But still, you're a super hottie and she's probably drowning in debt and miserable in her nice house. There. That's what girlfriends are for, right? And if the chica ever DOES read this, sorry. I really didn't mean to be mean, I just love Rachael more. ;)

Denice said...

Your blog post actually brought tears to my eyes. So...I'm writing to you the top 10 reasons that I'm glad that you're my daughter-in-law.
10. You have the best home decor ideas ever! And you share them!
9. You call me with cooking questions even though I hardly cook anymore and can't remember half the things I do cook.
8. You say what's on your mind. ok, that one can be a double-edged sword, but I think it's better to know than to wonder.
7. Colton. He's so honest and so willing to help me, even though he let me know the prize box really needs to be updated.
6. Aubrey. She's a super sweetie. We have a good time whether it's in the hottub, on a walk, or playing snug as a bug in a rug.
5. Addy. Smile that just melts me. But I'm keeping my eye on that right hook! Love her!
4. You're gorgeous! and you don't even know it. Hair, Eyes, Smile! The proof is in those beautiful kids. They look like you too!
3. You're generous. You're always doing or making something for someone else. Whether it's for your friends, your family, your husband, your kids, or me, it's always so much fun to be on the other end of your generosity.
2. You're real. You don't try to pretend you're perfect. I mean that in a good way.
1. You married my son and he's still alive. I know that sounds weird, but marriage is hard and I'm glad that he's married to someone that can love him through the good and bad, happy and sad.