Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Nice Evening

Colton has been asking all week to play with Ryker, and today his wish came true.  Kevin and Natalie moved back here in preparation for the big move to Milwaukee this summer.  The holidays will not be the same.  I had such a nice time tonight.  The kids played so good and Natalie provided dinner and of course the most delicious dessert.  It's like a big, thick sugar cookie with ice cream and crushed strawberries.  And I am in love.  And I had someone to talk to, and it was just nice and relaxing.  Kent was watching the Az basketball game on tv and finally I noticed, that I was practically shouting across the room.  He never asked me to be quite, or talk somewhere else, and I never noticed the increased volume of the television, and then all of a sudden I realized we both just kept getting louder to compensate for the other.  And then after 5 minutes I moved.  Too bad he didn't turn down the tv.  And can I just say, Thank you Az cheerleaders for having full tops.  I did not miss the extra skin that WSU so willingly provided. 

I have new curtains.  They are really table clothes from Target.  Amy found them.  They are so perfect.  Suck on that Anthropologie.  Less than half the price.

Pictures.....

Aubrey drew this picture yesterday.  She said to me, "Mom, I'm really good at drawing grass right?"  After she was done, she took it upstairs and laid it on the bed next to Kent, he was sleeping and she wanted to surprise him.  Sweet right?


Aubrey: Mom, do you know who's hands are those?
Me:Who?
Aubrey: Mine!( in a total SURPRISE! voice)  and I was surprised, at how much they look exactly like her hands.....in oompa loompa land...My favorite is the left thumb...it reminds me of this story on tv I saw at my parents.  This guy had his thumb bit off by a fish and so they cut of one of his toes and sewed it on to his hand.  Instant thumb.  It totally grossed me out.  Her right hand looks better because she is left-handed.

4 comments:

Kent said...

Turn it down.......geez da weez. Only if I had a remote for your volume. I'm surprised you didn't sell me out and say I had some dessert. But I did try the sugarific banana bread, remember?

Amy said...

Ahhhh...what a nice day you had. I would be jealous but I actually got a ton of stuff done and just filed my taxes! It's the only time of year I get excited about being poor. Being poor + husband who is a slave to his homework = mega return. Awesome drawings from Aubs, super cute. My kids have a thing for tracing their feet more than their hands, weird, right?

That dessert sounds super fab right now, I always crave major sugar between 10 - 12 pm.

Hey, we should force each other to go to Target and Hobby Lobby tomorrow. Maybe I should see if Casey would watch Carson.

Suzanne said...

If you are going to talk about really cute curtains, you need to show them!

Lisa said...

i don't think aubs captured your curviness...looks more like kent when he had hair