Monday, April 13, 2009

Why A Pillow Has 2 Sides

Only a real mom can realize her 5 year old son's infected ear has gotten ear crust on her pillow, flip her pillow over and go right back to sleep. Recognizing the fact that the 6-7 minutes it would take to find and change the case would be very precious sleep wasted.

Besides, what is a little crust when combined with a breast milk soaked shirt and spit-up in her hair?

There is no end to what a real mother can and will endure. I laugh in the face of bodily fluids.

7 comments:

TracieCarter said...

Oh so true!

Joshua said...

Sometimes I wish I had such tolerance. I feel like everyday I'm turning more and more into that guy on that TV show—Monk?

Lisa said...

true story...but not the best to read while eating your breakfast!!! i just threw up in my mouth a little. thanks for that. ;)

Unknown said...

Hilarious!!!

Amy said...

Its funny how you can gross me out and crack me up all at the same time.

Kinda like how we can love and hate our children at the same time.

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh, this was so funny. The last line was the best. I think I would have to draw the line at puke on my pillow. I might give up those seven minutes of sleep then to get a clean one.

Jodi said...

So funny - and I'm with Lisa about the "threw up in my mouth a little."