Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Colton's First Day of School


Here he is in his wolverine t-shirt he picked and his transformer backpack. One of the kids he went to preschool with told him it was "cool" before class! I didn't realize his eyes were closed, I know, I am a total crying loser.


I cried yesterday. I cried today.

Colton hesitated when encouraged to check out the playground, but only for a moment. When it was time to go into class, he gave me a hug like his teacher told him and went right inside.

When we picked him up, the only thing he could tell us was they traced circles. Apparently he's not too big on details.

I keep replaying him hugging me and walking right in to class without even looking back, and then I start to cry again.

I am so excited for him to start to school, but I am so very sad at all the growing up that will take place in this next year. I feel like today we turned a corner.......... he was ready, I wasn't.

4 comments:

Susan said...

oh you big brave momma bear. he looks so cute! i especially love his hair cut.

Shayla said...

I was nervous for you, hugging your first and letting him go into class yesterday. I swear I cried the whole first week after Kenzie started kindergarten. It's amazing how much easier it is with the second. I didn't shed a tear, in fact, you could find me for the next three hours with a huge smile on my face. It was blissfully quiet. :-) Oh, and all I got from Natalie when asked what she did was, "we colored pictures and heard LOTS and LOTS of rules!"

Suzanne said...

Oh, he looks so cute! Love the Kindies! Take some deep breaths and then dive in and enjoy elementary school, it goes so fast! It's a chance to meet new people and have all kinds of fun new experiences for both of you!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh, you're gonna make me cry!
It's so funny, though, how different our days went. I started to feel like a jerk that I wasn't more heartbroken to send Payson off, but, alas, I was a grinning fool like Shayla!