Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation Day 2

Yeah, I really wasn't there this day either. We arrived at about 10:30p.m. to a practically comatose family. It was super fun listening to them tell me they were so tired from all the fun they had had without me and my family..... The kids of course had slept forever in the car, so they stayed up pretty late.

The drive down went way better than I had anticipated. Which basically means Addison didn't cry as much as I had expected. It was so nice driving down in a spacious vehicle with a built in dvd player.

I missed taking our time and stopping at fruit stands like we have done in the past, but this year I got to listen to my kids sing along with some of their favorite songs, and that always makes me smile. You know, except for when Colton is singing and Aubrey is squealing over and over "I want my song! I want my song!" The sound of her voice, well it is something everyone should experience at least once.....I used to think it was just her hair that was too big for her body....Yeah, no.

2 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

You are so funny! Why did you guys have to go late?

Mallary said...

You forget all the bad stuff though when you get that first glimpse of the ocean! I am anxiously awaiting the report for day three!