$9.00 for lip smackers chapstick
$8.00 for extra underwear
$6.00 for the largest bag of starburst
$10.00 for pull-ups
A ton of patience and encouragement from her entire family
= A pretty close to potty trained girl.
The only casualty, my toaster. "What the?" You might ask, "Your toaster?" Yep. It was on the floor in the pantry and Aubrey was standing on it to reach Colton's gum. Next thing I know, my poor little toaster had been violated in a way not many toasters are.
It has taken us about a week and a half, I am not saying we are totally out of the "training mode", but I no longer have to bribe her. And she doesn't cry when her potty goes in the toilet anymore while I shout "Hooray! Good Job!" Colton was a huge help. He encouraged her a ton, and reminded her constantly of all the things she could have if she did it. It was pretty cute.
Her "lips"(chapstick) were her main motivation. We bought an 8 pack and every time she actually went in the toilet she got to get a new one. When she would earn one she would sit for at least an hour and rub it all over her lip area. Kent was actually worried about what would happen to her skin after she stopped , not being used to the air and stuff, with that nice wax coating on. But soon enough she started digging her fingers in it, and now we just have a bunch of empty tubes.
Minor details though, to the milestone in ones life of being toilet trained.
Congratuations Aubrey!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Potty Training
Posted by Rachael at 4:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
2 good posts in 3 days, I'm proud of you. I would love it if you re-joined the blogging world for real. I sincerely believe that you are way better at it then I am. I lack creativity, you don't.
I can't wait to post pics of the good times the boys had today. I'll take him once a week if it means you'll post more often!
$270 for a ticket if you come out and potty train Hattie. I am approaching it the same way Amy approached her birth with Carson, complete and utter denial.
Way to go!! (literally) Just start writing down your bathroom list, you know, the list of the nicest bathrooms in town since you will now be visiting them all!
A violated toaster. Oh my gosh, that made me laugh out loud! Congrats to Aubrey! What a big girl! Aren't you SOOOO relieved this all took place before #3's arrival?! Lucky you to not have 2 in diapers! Yippee!
Yay to Aubrey! My condolences to the toaster. Yay for you to have what, two whole months of no diapers?
Yah, that's so exciting!!!!! It's so nice when they chose to go in the potty and not the toaster (I've never heard that one - hilarious!). What a big girl!!
btw, I've been loving your comments on my blog. Thanks!! :)
Remind me to never have toast at your house!
Couldn't resist. That is funny. RIP Toaster.
I obviously have never potty trained a child by myself, but I have assisted in many lives. It is so time consuming and tiring, so bravo to you!
I lost a bread maker to that once. :( Definitely related, those two.
Oh and Amy, I'll post every day if you take my kids once a week. ;)
Every Mother deserves a medal everytime they can potty train a child. And kudos to you on using lip smackers, that is a brilliant idea!
She is one of the most gorgeous little girls I have ever seen.
Post a Comment