Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holy crap, it's December 1st already!   Tonight I started a new tradition.  In the past we have always given the kids jammies to open on Christmas Eve, but this year I thought it would be fun to get them at the beginning of the month so I could get some that were Christmasy.  I swear, every year in the past I have seen a million different pairs that I love....this year, I crashed and burned.  I went to 10 different stores to find some for Colton.  10.  Maybe I'm being too picky, but I don't think skull heads in Santa hats count at all...Anyway, I ended up finding some for all of us, we opened them tonight and then watched Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  I still love all of those all movies just as much as I did when I was a kid...it was all fun times, but it felt kinda weird, just because I haven't put up any decorations at all...

Before the receiving of the jammies, we spent our afternoon/evening at Ranch and Home getting our share of pumpkin cupcakes, and visiting Denice.  She is finally back home after a 2 month trip around the country.  We are all excited to have her back, it just wasn't quite the same without her here...

This portion of this post is brought to you by Rationalization, Justification, and my favorite Phrase..."and here's why...."

*Should I really have 2 cupcakes, again today?  Yes, and here's why...because even though the scale has been slowly tipping upward, I still don't weigh as much as I did before...my new jeans aren't even tight yet...

Does hating the fact that church will soon start at 8:30 in the morning make me an ungrateful wretch?  No, and here's why...because it's just some regular guy who picked the time, it isn't some divine time of the day or something...

Am I a total loser for sleeping on the couch this morning until somewhere near 10:30?  No, and here's why...because I still got Colton up and on time to school, and I was tired dang it, and it was the only day this week and for the next few days that I don't have to be up and ready with ready kids in tow...

Is it okay that I still haven't potty trained Addy yet?  Yes, and here's why...because I might as well spare my nice carpet and train her on the crap stuff at our "new" house in a month...and for the love, she just started talking yesterday.....

Pictures...

So these are the jammies I came up with...I scored matching pairs for Aubs and Addy at Crazy 8 for $7.50 a piece, Colton ended up with Chipmunks in Santa hats from Walmart, and Kent has some covered in the Grinch, but I cut them out of the picture because the Grinch's face looked precariously placed on his crotch....


 if you are wondering where Addy's are...they are right here...
crumpled on the floor, because she refused to wear them...like run and hide behind the chair crying kind of refused...

And look at why I love my mom's new Silhouette...I made my little 12 days of Christmas activities using it....

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, let's see if I can remember everything and type it coherently whilst talking to you on the phone.

I am so super jealous of the new tradition. I thought you were being a little crazy-head about it but I am so jealous now! What a fun idea. But where are yours, loser? You could have at least snapped a picture of your own legs.

Next, mom was right, your pockets are hella cute. That's why I'm making myself some, tomorrow. Love them. A lot.

And most of all, I love your section titled: Rationalization, Justification, and Here's Why. Loved it! Loved it like dragon tails. I really hope you understand that reference, I'm pretty sure Lisa will. I'm actually hoping it's the correct reference first, and that you get it second.

Suzanne said...

You should just ask Mrs. Claus to bring you P.J.s, that's what she does for us and that way I don't have to shop for them!

Also, loving the Christmas craft, except you just reminded me that I bought materials to make my own advent calendar, but didn't make it!!! Is it too late?

Dlovesocks said...

I love your cute 12 days of christmas Idea. Adorable! And I love that Aubs is hiding from the camera...with her eerie-faced doll!