Monday, November 28, 2011

When I was kid, we had a Fisher Price record player.  I remember exactly how it sounded when the record we were playing was scratched and the last few words would play over an over, repeating itself until you tapped the needle.  I think my mental needle needs a good tapping...I feel like my record is stuck, constantly repeating "I want, I want, I want, I want"....I am focusing, trying to get it to say "I have, I have, I have..." I wish it was as simple as just a little tap...

I had a killer Thanksgiving this year.  I think my favorite part of the whole day was way before the food was served.  My grandma came over early that morning to meet me and Amy and prep the meatballs.  Just helping her in the kitchen, and then sitting together watching the Macy's Day parade...it was perfection...one of those moments I will keep in my pocket.  Good company, good food, good times...it was so nice to see Uncle Pete and David, but it just wasn't the same without the ladies of the family...Auntie and Katie, you were missed by us all...

Then Lisa and I thought, hey why not go out shopping at 11?  We didn't get home until 4:30am.  It was nutty.  I came home, watched some tv, slept a bit, and then was up by 9:30.  Damn kids.  Damn phone call from Lisa at 9:30.  I hung out with Steph and sweetie pie Lily pretty much all day, and then yep, glutton for punishment, I went out shopping again and didn't get home until 12:30 in the am...

Saturday we had Thanksgiving again with Kent's family.  After the delicious food we had, Stephanie and spent the day playing Family Feud and Wheel of Fortune on the iPad.  It was just a super chill day, the kids all did pretty well together...and we just got to hang out and relax...but now that I don't have Stephanie's help, I can't seem to win the $20,000 in the Fast Money round...and I miss Lily already...Sunday I got to hold her all during Sacrament...I don't know what it is about her little chubby self, but I could just eat her up...

It was kinda weird having to get up and get everyone ready for school again today.  I let Colton play hooky the last 2 half days, so both my kids had about a week off from school.  I kinda felt a little rusty...and a lot tired...

If anyone still reads this besides my family after 11 long months, and you don't Facebook, I have something you need to know...my cousin Mallary is selling freakin' delish cupcakes at Ranch and Home everyday at the Killian Corn kiosk right in the front of the store.  You should definitely go buy some.  The pumpkin ones will change your life.  And her cream cheese frosting...well, I basically want to bathe in it...

Picture...

I think Colton looks like he's about to do a step routine...good form, good form my friend...

4 comments:

hatch said...

Still reading....
By the way I made your pampered chef pie... and yes it was easy, but when you made it it tasted so much better.

Amy said...

We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.
The following errors were found:
Input error: Memcache value is null for FormRestoration


This is the error I just got after trying to post a comment.

What the?

Amy said...

Alright, back to re-comment. I think it said something like: Ahhh, good post, except the part you forgot about your sister making you killer cookies. I'm thinking about pulling out the old record player sometime soon and jam to Rainbow Brite's Christmas, the Hugga Bunch song, and whatever else we've got from 25+ years ago. We should make a party of it.

Shayla said...

Still here, I just suck at commenting on my iPad, so I don't anymore. I know, so depressing, right?