So, today the day really, truly started at Amy's house when we got together with my Aunt to make meatballs. She has showed us a few times, but we have yet to try them on our own. It's usually just us girls, but today Easton and Kent came to learn the tricks of this family tradition trade. Thank goodness they were there to mash up all 8 cups of bread crumbs, 32 eggs, and 8lbs of raw pork. It really is the worst part, for me anyway. Raw meat gives me the eebie jeebies...I enjoyed myself so much. My grandma stopped by, we asked questions about her mother and how it was way back then...it made me feel nostalgic for a time I was never really a part of...I hope someday I will find myself in a kitchen full of the strong Italian women I know and the women before them....and holy cow, those meatballs we made today, with the recipe straight from Italy...to die for...
Today was my first official Sunday in the Relief Society Presidency. This is what I learned...
1-if I had to take a Gospel Doctrine test in order to qualify for this calling, I would fail. Completely.
2-I felt like a total tool when I realized I was the only one asking questions, and not just simply making comments to add to the lesson
3-I worry they will think they made a mistake asking me to do this
4-I feel like the kid who showed up to class with no pencil, paper, or books
5-I have some stellar people in my life who took the time to ask me how it went today and offer words of encouragement...I am blessed...
Here's to looking at the glass half full...and stepping way far out of my comfort zone...like the other side of the planet far...
I just have to say, I think my kids are kinda great. I know I make fun of them, and complain about them, and say how they drive me batty, but holy cow, I have kids that make me feel pretty freaking loved. I don't know how else to say it. I love how much we laugh together. I don't know if laughing the whole time Colton was telling me about how he hurt his leg helping my dad today counts, but it's close enough....I'm just feeling super greatful for my kids I guess...
Tonight we face timed with Denice for a bit. It was super fun. We haven't seen her since the beginning of October. I can't believe it has been that long. Being on the phone with her tonight made me realize how much I miss visiting with her...
Last Thursday night Vikki and I went to the premier or Breaking Dawn that Alicia organizes. I had such a fun time hanging out with her...I have no idea why we don't do it more...and thanks to Alicia, we were deemed seat savers and didn't have to wait in the crazy line. Little did I know how many people were gonna be all kinds of mad that we were saving 9 seats in the middle of the theater...
I watched a bit of the Music Awards tonight. Bruno Mars is a midget, Adam Levine sounded like garb, and Chrisitna Aguilera looked a bit chunky if I do say so myself...
Addy's voice is by far one of my favorite things right now...totally worth the 3 year wait...
My next favorite thing is currently my danish butter cookies in the giant tin I bought at Costco. At this rate, all my hard work to lose a few pounds will be a battle lost to seasonal cookies....
New Girl makes my week. Quoting it is the best.
On the Sing Off last Monday Ben Folds really liked a group, and he said "Thumbs aloft gentlemen" while giving them a complete 2 thumbs up. I have repeated that about a million times this week, and it always makes me smile...
I am in desperate need of a feel good book, preferably set in the South. Every book I get is more of a downer than the rest.
Picture....
Kent took this pic of us on his phone...a bit blursula, but I love it just the same...Aunt Cheryl made a few test meatballs to check the seasoning, we all sampled, and after a few bites I thought maybe we needed a bit more garlic salt...we ended up leaving it the way it was, and when my grandma came over later she said they were good and then a few minutes later said "maybe they could use a bit more garlic salt" I practically shouted "that's what I said!"...I was so tickled that she thought they same thing...I know, cheap thrill, but it made my day....
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 11:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Homemade italian meatballs + Little Ceasars Hot-N-Ready PIzza!? = Thumbs aloft ladies! Thumbs aloft!
miss piggy
Cute posts from the last few days! !
I'm having so much fun w the boys and mat and kevin
But I'm anxious to be home again. Well have to get
Together and visit. It was fun to FaceTime on sat.
But it was hard to see y'all But not really be there
Almost like a tease!! See you soon!!
Been wanting to comment on your calling for weeks now. Do I offer congrats or condolences? I hope it's going better for you each week. I can't think of a better person to serve where you are. For reals.
Post a Comment