I am so very happy to announce that in the past few weeks Addy no longer calls Colton "uh". He is officially "Co". I love hearing her tell him "Bye Co!" when he leaves the house...
I have totally been meaning to start blogging again everyday for like a month, but somehow I slipped into a horrid hormone coma and it seriously jilted my every intention. It was super crap. It kinda felt like maybe once or twice in a day for a very brief period the hormone fog would lift a bit, just enough for me to see glimpses of how my life actually was, and not how I felt about it, but then it would settle in again and back into my lifeless coma I would go. But, I am feeling like I might be on the road to recovery...
In that time however, my goal to not yell at my kids anymore turned into a mere pipe dream...good thing they don't seem too scarred....
I am feeling so overwhelmed with the holidays approaching. I feel like so many things are totally up in the air, and I just keep suppressing it all. Did I mention we are moving? Like 6 houses down the street and around the corner? And that almost eveyone thinks we're crazy because of it? But we won't be moving until after Christmas. So it feels weird to pack, and weird to not pack. Did I mention that just this last Sunday I was called by my Bishop to be the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society? That's like a full on adult calling. When he asked me if I would do it, I sat there for a minute and then said "Seriously?"....Lots of changes are a coming and it just makes we want to go crawl back in bed....
Addy is talking a ton, and I am loving it. She makes me smile like a million times a day when she says something new or funny...and then I think about how it is so time to potty train her...dread...
Last week my mom and I went to Colton's school assembly for Veterans Day. We both cried so much I'm pretty sure people assumed we have a family member currently serving or that died in action. The coolest part is they have the kids bring pictures of family members that have or are serving and they post them up all over the gym on red and blue stars. It was so awesome to see both my grandpas up there. It makes me feel so bad for never having taken the time to really think about what Veterans Day meant before...it was a great experience. Then we met Amy and Lisa and their kids for breakfast at Magills and compared assemblies. It was a great day.
Other big family news, Danielle had the most precious baby ever! Little Emery Lyn is super sweet, and doesn't feel so little if I'm being honest...I can't wait to go back and snuggle her...
Which reminds me, of another story...of how sad I was to miss Lily's baby blessing. I had everything ready to go, we were supposed to leave Sunday morning at 7:30. And then, Addy puked all over our bed at 3 in the morning. So the car load went from the 5 of us, to Kent and Colton. And then Kent sent us pictures of Lily, and Aubrey and I were even sadder we didn't get to go. She is adorbs. Aubrey just kept talking about how much she wanted to see Stephanie...it was super sad...
Poor Addy had caught the stomach bug that Aubrey had the week before. The one where Aubs threw up at school. Twice. I felt so bad for her. When I got to the school she looked so sad! She was feeling better by the end of the night, and very excited to learn she couldn't go to school the next day...
Ok, so I think this long list of randomness has gone on long enough...I was kinda hoping that if I started blogging and putting all my crazy thoughts down on "paper", maybe I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed...it might take a few days...But I feel like even though I totally bombed my New Years Resolution, I want to go out with a bang. The year is almost over, scary enough, and I don't want it to end with some post last dated in October. So, I am re-resolving to finish the year the way I started...writing a bunch of nonsense....
Picture....
Seriously, who's kid is this?
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Posted by Rachael at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm all for you redeeming yourself over the next few weeks. "Rachael's back, it's on and poppin'" (to be read in Schmidt's voice, of course.)
I'm glad to see you return! My life is complete again.
Hey, didn't know you were moving. So glad you are blogging again so I can keep up with the happenings. Are you going to sell this time?
Another post that had me wanting to email and say What, what?! Where are you moving? Did you sell your house already? Obviously, stuffs is going on by now. I need the details. I could sit by you while you pack or unpack boxes and offer moral support. Everybody needs that when they're moving. Can't wait to see/hear all about it. P.S.-I figure it's probably already obvious since the calling, but are you moving 6 houses and around the corner TOWARDS 6th ward or AWAY? You know, cause I could use another good friend in my ward.
Post a Comment