Thursday, November 17, 2011

***I started this post like 2 weeks ago.  I think it's time I posted it and just move on...***

Tonight I was putting the kids to bed when Colton remembered he hadn't done his homework page.  I told him to do it quickly, and if he stopped to watch tv at all, he was grounded tomorrow.  Aubrey was right next to me and said...

 "I never get grounded huh mom?"  I said, "not yet, but you're getting close with your  attitude."  She said "you don't about me" I responded "Oh, I know all about you miss"  she replied "you don't know about me when I am somewhere you're not.  Oooh, I schooled you"

Heaven help me.  She said it all so matter of fact.  She already thinks I'm an idiot.  Seriously, Heaven help....

The other day my mom took the kids to McDonalds for dinner and they came home with the Halloween Happy Meal buckets.  Addy was looking at the bucket and noticed the tiny little McDonalds "M" on the side.  She pointed to it and said "mom, fries"  I'm so proud....


On Saturday Colton came downstairs all upset because he had been collecting change all morning and Kent took it from him and added it to the big change jar. I was feeling kinds bad for him, so our conversation went a little like this...

Me: if you clean the family room, I'll give you 50 cents
Him: I want a dollar
Me: then you better do 2 jobs
Him: I'll clean the family room for a dollar
Me: I'll give you 50 cents
Him: I'm not gonna do it
Aubrey: I'll do it mom!
Him: NO Aubrey! Mom said I could it!

They both ended up cleaning it together with minimal complaining....miracle in itself...so anyway this morning, Aubrey says to me 'thanks mom, for the 50 cents....Colton, did you thank mom?' and my sweet son replied, 'I cleaned the family room, doing the job was my thank you'


Last week I was at Toys R Us and Amy called me and said she was at Payless shoes, and they had these really cute scarves on sale for $3 and it was buy one get the second half off, and I should come meet her there so we could get some...She had me at black and white stripes....anyway, the moral of the story is, as I was paying for it, I totally said "This is such a good price, you can't even buy the yarn for this cheap."  as the words came out of my mouth...well...I was totally like 'whoa.  When did I turn into my mom?  That is exactly what she would say...why I am suddenly all old and stuff'...it left me feeling uncool and motherly, and just all wrong...no insult to my mom, it's just that obviously I don't remember my mom so much as a mother of 3 young kids.  I remember the things she said more as I got older, so for the most part, I call her for advice, or I think 'what would my mom do in this situation?'... it's not often that I think of us a twinners...so it was just so weird....that's an awful lot of paragraph about nothing at all....

Picture...

the girls at the pumpkin patch...

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Oh yeah! Keep the good stuff rollin'!

Dlovesocks said...

Holy heck that ordeal w the kids cleaning was so funny. You're just funny Rach!