Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I have been contemplating.
Contemplating my blog. Or lets be honest, that fact that it might as well not even exist. I have been wanting to post about a lot of things lately. Mostly, though, I just miss the journaling aspect of it all.
But I keep telling myself, how do I start? Where do I start? I have skipped Halloween, Christmas, Addy's important milestones. How do I just randomly say, I made bookshelves with rain gutters, oh and yes Addison started crawling three months ago, and Christmas was great, but seriously, I love my bookshelves. I feel like such a blog poser.
So, here is my goal. I will stop making excuses, the last six months will be blogged out of order of date and importance. I will try to reactivate my self as a blogger, and church goer while I am at it, and just start blogging again. A lot of what I will post will be totally unimportant, irrelevant, and most likely in no way entertaining. Because of course, some of it will just be about what I did or didn't do that day. But some posts will be oh so yummy with bits and pieces of my kids. The kids that make me feel blessed beyond belief all while counting down the minutes til bedtime. So here goes, I think I will kick off my new found sense of blogging with some thoughts and maybe, I will finally change my info on the side, the part that says I am a mother of 2 and a puppy, since I'm not really anymore.

When I was typing the longest explanation about nothing a minute ago, I totally thought of something I wanted to blog about, and now I cannot for the life of me remember what that was. Maybe it's a sign. Maybe I need a new blog layout and am completely overwhelmed by just the thought of it. I wish someone would just do it for me....and then maybe they would give me a million dollars....Ok, maybe I just shouldn't over do it. Until tomorrow. I am hoping I will blog a little about my kids.... Some pictures and such...maybe if I have the time, like if Addison takes a long nap, and Aubrey doesn't try to sit on my lap the whole time I am at the computer and Kent doesn't take the laptop, I will write the longest post EVER!! Maybe...

4 comments:

Amy said...

So, I've been contemplating how to start blogging again also. Just like you, I skipped Halloween, and then all of November and December, and now, almost all of January. I also miss the fact that I haven't documented Carson's shoe obsession, or Sophie's morphing personality. I agree that we just need to jump in and do it. Maybe we should set up some competition/reward system. Or a schedule of topics. Or send each other suggestions. Like maybe today's goal should be taking the 8th picture we have from December's photos and blog it.

Lisa said...

honey...first crafting, then snowboarding, now a new blog post??? what is this, 2012....you're freakin me out!!!

p.s. let me know when the lasagna's done!

Shayla said...

I am right there with you. I have like five half-written posts done on my blog, but have yet to complete any of them. I've skipped so many months, it feels overwhelming to think how to jump back in. I'd offer to help you with your blog template, but I offered to help Amy months ago (that may be closer to years by now) and have yet to do anything. I DID buy some cute digi-goods to decorate it with... If it helps, I don't care if you blog out of order, I like to read whatever you gots to say! :)

Alicia Leppert said...

Woohoo for reactivating!! Both blogging and church! You can do it, Rach, I know you can!!