Thursday, January 28, 2010

Picture Challenge

My sister is helping me on the road to become a better blogger. She suggested I post the 8th picture from my December folder, thanks for the idea....you should totally do the same...


So, this is the 8th picture in my December folder. I am happy to be posting it, and sad when I think back on all of the fun things I actually did with my kids for Christmas and blogged nothing about it.

This was one of our "Twelve Days of Christmas' activities. Making the gingerbread house at Christmas time is one of my favorite things to do with the kids. Last year we made the cutest house ever and before I could take a picture of it, our dog ate it. Here is the finished product...Not too shabby right...

6 comments:

Lisa said...

did jodi pay you for the plug?

Amy said...

I am so impressed and excited to see you post already! I can't wait to post about the midnight gingerbread decorating we did this year! I'm going to go post my picture. Come up with an idea for tomorrow for us.

Shayla said...

Glad to see some posts from you!! And I totally don't believe you let the kids help you with that gingerbread house, it turned out way too cute. Okay, maybe I see a little "help" on the roof and the gingerbread man. Ours was scary, I just let the kids at it and barely helped at all. That can be therapeutic, you know? Especially for a control-freak like me.

Brenda said...

Super cute.

This is something I did growing up and really wanted to do this year, but didn't get around to it :( oh well. Maybe next year.

Karen said...

Good job Rach....when dad said you girls had new blogs I got up from the "I am sick and feel like crud" couch to be entertained...and I was from all of you. I have a request...some videos from you too. If Leese doesn't have the video means get together and do some together...I love listening to the kids and the voice recordings will be worth a million buck someday too. Good job, fun pictures and thanks to all of you for getting started again!

Alicia Leppert said...

Lisa, I thought the same thing!!

I can't believe you blogged. Should I go check hell to see if it froze over?

Yeah, your gingerbread house puts all gingerbread houses to shame. I thought about making gingerbread houses with my kids this year, does that count? I'm a cool mom too, right?