Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Hate to Admit....

I Hate to admit.....

*when I am wrong, lucky for me, that almost never happens

*that up until a month or so ago, Aubrey still had a "b" to go to sleep

*that one time, I got pulled over and was asked to get out of my car, and then the policeman told me I was driving with a suspended license, and then they impounded my car

*that more often than not, my socks don't match

*that I failed P.E. in 8th grade

*that when I am mad at Kent, like really, really mad...I think of the most ridiculous things I want to do, they are some of the meanest, most childish thoughts any one has ever had.  For example, ripping all his clothes off his hangers and leaving them all over the closet floor.

*that when you have that thing about you, that you hope no one notices, chances are I do

*how badly I want braces, and how many cavities I have gorging themselves on the soda and crap I indulge myself with everyday.

*how many bowls and dishes have gone to waste because I don't want to clean out the nasty food inside them, so I just throw them away.

*how much I rationalize

*that I swear under my breath way more than I should.  That sounds like if I only did it a little bit it would be ok...again with the rationalization

*that I take way too many things personal



9 comments:

Lisa said...

what a disposable society we have been brought up in. our parents would cringe at the types and amounts of things we have thrown away. i have thrown away many a underwear, tupperware, and towels, it's what we do. i believe that expiration dates are there for a reason. whatevs. i loved your list, but might just be a little more self concious when i show up with a zit on my face or when i get my boob job.

Lisa said...

p.s. by underwear....i meant KIDS underwear. thanks for the heads up!

Amy said...

You're list seriously made me laugh, and continues to make me laugh. I'm surprised by some of the ones I didn't know, or had forgot about. Like failing PE, or that you notice things we don't want you to. I'm super paranoid now. The image of you stepping out of your car makes me laugh, and the idea of you throwing Kent's clothes is super funny, and not at all hard to imagine you doing.

Even Jason laughed out loud at your list. Good job.

Oh yea, thanks for not throwing me under the bus, like Lisa...Oh wait, you kinda did by telling her.

Shayla said...

Great, now I'm going to be all self-conscious around you, Rachael! You'll notice my muffin-top that I'm hoping I suck in good enough, or all the zits that pop out from my crazy hormones that think I'm actually a teenager on steroids, or that I haven't plucked my eyebrows in too long or...GREAT! At least I can swear at you and you won't cringe and silently think I'm a bad mormon. :)

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh!!! You failed 8th grade p.e!?! I was overweight and still passed! I want to say something else but I'm gonna do my own post so I can write it!!!

Kent said...

our parents or your husband is disgusted with the things you throw away. But step 1 is "admitting" you have a problem, but somehow I'm sure this wasn't what you intended.

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm gonna guess that last comment was made by Kent.

Oh my gosh, I have a million and one things to comment on this list. I can't remember them all. I second everyone's horror about you picking out the things we don't want you to notice. Awesome. Oh, and I won't throw something away until it is so moldy and mangled and totally unusable and even then I will try and find another use for it. Hold on, I have to go read your list again. I'll be back.

Alicia Leppert said...

OH yeah!! You got rid of the B?? That's crazy! I'm crazy proud of you, and Aubs. And I totally failed 8th grade PE too! In fact, I just found a slip from my PE teacher today digging through some old stuff saying I was going to fail if I didn't stop talking to my friend all the time and start running. Heh heh.

Alicia Leppert said...

Hi. Me again. Love the new header (a new one already??) and have I ever told you how much I LOVE your subtitle? Seriously, best. line. ever.