Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nightmare Much?

Tonight after I put the girls to bed, Colton was still awake and asked me to go lay with him.  So I did, and our conversation, well, creepy maybe?  He started telling me about how he never has dreams anymore.  I tried telling him that maybe he does, but he just can't remember them.  He of course disagreed.  Which probably saved my life because if he would have actually agreed with what I said I would have died of shock.  Anyway he started telling me about a few of his nightmares.  The gross one was about some science man trying to cut his head off in my mom's toy room. The next one he told me went like this....

Colton:  I dreamed that there were these really big black ants at Spencer's house, and they shut me out and it was dark.

The best part of the nightmare is that there are a TON of ants around Amy and my grandma's houses.

Poor kid, I wouldn't want to dream anymore either.

5 comments:

Shayla said...

I wonder if that's a thing with kids at this age. Natalie has been telling me a lot of freaky dreams that she's been having lately, but often I wonder if she's just making them up. She's a pretty big drama queen.

Alicia Leppert said...

Um, I know a good child psychiatrist if you need one...

NO, just kidding. That is really scary, poor kid. Remind me to tell you the freaky dream I had two nights ago...at our next GNO. It's the only place it would be appropriate.

Amy said...

Every time I see an ant now, I laugh, imagining it huge and locking out Colton. I'm so glad his nightmares are providing me with such entertainment. I can't wait for Aubrey to have a nightmare because I kept telling them I didn't care where they saw a spider outside, they just needed play somewhere else, OUTSIDE.

Spencer has had some pretty creepy dreams, I just can't remember what he said they were about. He kept having them so much that we started having to say a prayer with him, after he was tucked in, so that we wouldn't worry about having anymore. Sad, right?

Luckily he's moved on to dreaming about fairies who visit him and grant his wish of his spy kit turning into a REAL spy kit.

Steve & Patty said...

Hey Rach, just put him to bed in a Power Rangers (or other superhero) suit every night. He'll have those ants eating out of his hands in no time!!! (or smashed under his feet!):)

Lisa said...

nice! i have many a creepy dream in my day.

at least he's not hearing voices like easton said he was last night. he told me that there were voices in his head telling him to rob a store. i had to explain the difference between imagination and actually hearing voices. batman's arkham asylum might have crept into the conversation!