Tuesday, October 4, 2011

So a few months ago I fell off the exercise wagon with a pretty big thud.  But much to my surprise, as I continued to count calories, the number on the scale kept getting a little bit smaller.  I was overjoyed.  The honeymoon period is so over.  I slowly began falling into old habits...nothing as extreme as my 2 cheeseburger meal large sized, but counting anything has fallen to the wayside.  Slowly, the chunk monster caught back up to me.  Damn him.  Now I am back to feeling like putting my clothes on, is a lot like trying to scoop jell-o with too small a spoon.   Emphasis on the J-E-L-L-O.  Cue depression like feelings, and the desire to cover all mirrors that extend past my neck.
********************************************************************************

Today I was grumpy for no apparent reason.  I hate when that happens.  I hate when I am fully aware that I am particularly crotchety, and I can't seem to do anything about it.  By this afternoon it got worse...then I leveled out to a normal state, but it didn't seem like I could stay that way for long, I was up and down all day...

After school Aubrey came across a pumpkin cookie cutter, and for the first time it what has seemed like days, she actually asked for something in a nice voice.  "please can we make cookies?"  I agreed.  Weird right?  Since all I wanted to do was crawl in bed and threaten life destruction if I was disturbed.  About half way through the cookie making, while I was trying to make dinner at the same time, I realized Aubrey and Addy were covered in powdered sugar up to their elbows.  It coated the counter, the chairs, their faces, and the floor.  I just made them get straight in the bath and cleaned up in bitter silence.

Then a little bit later it was time to decorate.  I made up 3 bowls of frosting with hidden food coloring and they each got to choose a bowl to stir up and see what color it would be....




Colton had 'black', Aubs got orange, and Addy had purple...they were pretty excited to see what color it would be, and it was funny listening to them guess what Halloween colors I would pick to give them...

We gave up on the butter knife thing pretty quickly and decided it was much better to pile on the frosting squeezing a ziplock baggy.  When Aubrey realized she could outline the cookie like Colton and I did, her face was all aglow...but, by the time she was finished, there was no out line in sight...


Addy enjoyed doing this...


and this...

and more of that...

but not before finishing this....

By the time the cookies were decorated, there were sprinkles and frosting everywhere the powdered sugar had been.  And since I had made Kent a pie earlier in the day, it was like my gagillionth time cleaning the kitchen.

Not to bad an evening for an Oscar the Grouch mother...

Aubrey doesn't want to eat the cookies because she wants to save them for Halloween and Christmas...which just means me and my jell=o self will probably eat the whole plate...

4 comments:

Steph said...

I love how you have no shame when it comes to admitting somedays you just hate the world lol I have those days too but usually I try to disguise it with fake smiles and attempting to bite my tounge...I think I just might own it now truthfully it's kinda nice to have a grumpy day it's like a fresh breathe of bitter air!

Mallary said...

I agree 100% on your first paragraph. For me not you. Today I tried to wear the jeans that had started to fit during our enlightened period. Tried being the key word there. It looked like I was smuggling a whole dozen muffin tops. Blast it all to heck. Let's start walking again! Pleeease!

Victoria Sanders said...

YUM!

Alicia Leppert said...

Lol Mallary. Lol.

Um, hi, mom of the year much? On your grouchiest day you do something a gazillion times more fun-mom than I do on my happiest day. Surprise colored frosting? Baking holiday cookies? I think I love my kids too much to continue letting them live in this house-o-lameness. Will you please be their mom?

P.S. Let's walk again!! I know you're rolling your eyes right now thinking, "sure, we'll get right on that as soon as you drag your fat @&? out of bed," but I'm not even kidding. I'm one cookie away from my own personalized Yo Momma's so fat joke, I can feel it.