Friday, January 13, 2012

Last at book club, I laughed so hard I had tears running down my cheeks...it felt so good.

Yesterday Aubrey took the Kesha song a verse too far and walked by my singing "..boys tryin' to touch my junk.." I totally butchered the opportunity to explain why she shouldn't sing that, and gave her the ole "Just because, it's not a good thing to say"....looks like I'm gonna have to make her a personal playlist with a pre-approved music selection...

Today, I'm grateful for my family... immediate and extended.  I don't tell any of them often enough how much I love them.  If I was never given anything else in my life, I was still be blessed beyond measure...it's practically a crime to have as many rad cousins as I do...

I spent some time cleaning at the rental house today...apparently I had been living in utter filth...can someone please explain to me how drawers that never had food in them can still be full of crumbs?  I finally had to leave at the point in which the self cleaning oven was burning the top 3 layers of my eye skin off...

So, remember how Aubs was going snow boarding and we were all gonna be at home crying?  She wasn't too far off.  I got up to get Colton ready for school, and thought, 'man it's cold in here'...yeah, like 63 degrees cold!  Our heater wasn't working...the worst...the repair man didn't come until after 1 o'clock...either way, it was the perfect excuse to stay wrapped in my blanket reading all day...and then Aubrey came home..and then a few minutes later Colton came home from school, and the very, very first words out of her mouth..."Colton, I can stay up longer than you can"...and cue the nuh-uh/uh-huh conversation between the 2...

After I got Addy dressed the other day she wrapped her little arms around my neck and said "love you mom" my cup runneth over...

Today I was scouring my email looking for a cookie recipe, and I happened upon a few comments from a freind who's name is Shayla, and it was like finding a hidden Christmas present you'd forgotten about...I don't know how I missed them the first time...but it made my day to find them...

My lofty self aspiration, is to be the person who is open to promptings to help others...I feel like I have heard so many stories lately where some one says, I just thought I should call this person, or stop by, or send a note...and it was exactly the thing that person was in need of...I want to be a person of thoughtful action...
having said that, whenever I think about doing service, I always think of the Friends episode when Joey tells Phoebe there is no such thing as being completely selfless...you know the one where Phoebe hates PBS...

I'm going to go relax with my husband and watch a movie, cause we're friends right now...I'd give him some big compliment, and write about how much I love him, and how we have been getting along so well lately...but that would probably just jinx it...and who wants that...

Picture...

the conversations this little girl has with her toys...priceless...she even does voices...

Addison Sanders-future snow boarder...in her name brand Burton snow suit...

4 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Just give up the money you were saving for your pet hamster and all will be well...that is until you're the thousandth caller and Joey gets all happy. Cause then you'll get happy too. Stupid PBS.

Natalie said...

Addy looks so grown up... it's crazy how quick they grow and change. :-( I just hope they all remember us...

Amy said...

So, guess what just showed up in my google reader? Dude, I love that you are blogging again, though I don't love the pressure it puts on me to comment since it requires an extra few clicks of the mouse and thinking on my part. It's just much funner to read your blog and tuck it away than to have to exert the mental energy it takes to write something. However, I always laugh, I often find myself randomly thinking about something you wrote, and I'm always jealous that you're actually documenting the funny stuff that happens in your life while I'm struggling just to notice it in mine.

The End.

Dlovesocks said...

I've been such a blogger slacker....both reade and writing. So glad to see your post! I have two things to say..
1. Your lofting aspiration is a reality. I have been on the receiving end of some of your service and I know others are too. You do a great job of that!
2. Seeing addy in her burton snowsuit made me laugh. This is the thing....it's probably my fault that kent likes name brand things. The only name brand he ever wore was sears tough skin jeans! He was probably traumizied by it and he overcompensated by buying burton snowsuits and nikes for babies. He's a funny guy!