Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yesterday, when Aubrey first saw the huge snow drift outside her window she said "holy moly crappa moly"...she never ceases to surprise me with her exclamations...

I spent the better part of yesterday cleaning out the crap that had been dumped in my bedroom just because...and all the bleh paper stuff...then I thought I'd do a little decorating...and after that, as I sat back and looked at my handi-work, I was left wondering, contemplating really, do I like what I've done?  Do I actually like it, or am I just going with it because it's all I have...do I like it because it's cute, or is it just some jedi mind trick I'm playing on myself so I think I like it because it didn't cost me anything...and it's all I have....I'm totally on the fence...and my sisters can't come and tell me what they think because of this poo weather...

Days like these always make me wish I was better at having collections of things, like fabric or scrapbook paper or something...you know the kind of stuff that when you found something cute on pinterest you could think, 'oh, maybe I'll make that today, and it will be so cute and fill my heart with joy' and it would be easy as that because you would walk over to your Mary Poppins closet and pull out the supplies you needed...

I hate getting kids dressed to go out in the snow.  I hate getting kids undressed when they come inside...but I super hate when they want to go back out again....and the only thing I hate more than all of that combined, is having a sister tell me that all her kids, who are pretty much the same ages as mine, got dressed all by themselves... that's like telling your friend on a diet that you eat whatever you want and for some reason you just lose weight....

I think I need to crochet today...but then I'll have to shower, because I don't ever feel like I can craft or bake in my jammies all unfresh-like...and showering would require me to exert some energy...and I just don't how that's gonna work out...

Woe-is-me....I need an upper...like yesterday...

Pictures...

there's a bunch...it was Addy's first time really playing in the snow...













2 comments:

Amy said...

So, first I scrolled down to look at your pictures, but you already know that since I was on the phone with you, but what you don't know is that I decided I was going to have a bad attitude about your post because your pictures of your kids in the snow are way better than mine but then I read the part about your jedi mind trick and I L.O.L.'ed and then I chuckled when I read about the Mary Poppins closet and thought, ha! I have that, but what I don't have is a desire to do anything and then I read the part about you not doing anything because you are unfresh-like and I thought, hey! that's probably exactly why I don't want to make anything and then I read about how much more independent my kids are than yours and I starting laughing again and then, I read about you needing an upper and thought, hey? is she writing this from her own thoughts or has she somehow tapped into mine? and then I thought d*mn now I have to leave her a real comment because I actually have all these real thoughts about her post when at first I was all like "ugh. i hate her and her good pictures."

and then i failed the WV. In the words of Carson..."howey mowey crackafamoley." You can thank me later for that.

Dlovesocks said...

Rach I love your pictures!! I have been so sad holed up in my house w nary a grandchild around! I wish I was playing w the kids instead of trapped by the weather! I think you should take a picture of your creations and show me.