So, mostly I'm posting to move that heinous picture of Colton out of immediate eye sight....
I decided tonight that when it comes to actual parenting, I seem to put it off until the ripe age of bribery. Before that, I just rationalize their behavior away...liken me to a crappy babysitter at best...
But man how I love my kids...last night Addy was playing with my phone and Kent said something to her, and she held up her little hand and said "hey, no talka me dad". I thought about it all day, and it still makes me smile...and when Addy and I got home from running errands today and found Colton and Aubrey sitting together playing the wii, just made my heart all a glow...I finally hung my pictures of them back up, and I didn't realize just how much I missed looking at them...I hope I remember moments like running through the parking lot with Addy, playing the game of Life with Colton, and making cookies with Aubs...makes me feel all warm and cozy...
So, I've decided I need to get a hold of my life again. Amy and I were just acknowledging what losers we are by making jokes about how much you can actually get done when you get up at 8 and don't go back to sleep 30 minutes later...All my hard work counting calories and exercising a few months ago has all been for naught...I officially hate getting dressed again...but I so hate the idea of changing my lifestyle...I'm such a loser I actually contemplated having another baby just so I would feel like I'm supposed to look like this...And eat with out guilt...having said that, I decided to pace myself so I might actually succeed. This week, just wake up and stay up, next week get up and do a little exercise...the week after seems like to lofty a goal to set at the moment.
I want to stop wanting everything that costs money and requires power tools that I don't have or know how to use...but mostly, I want to live in a pinterest house, with pinterest clothes, pinterest hair, and cook pinterest food. It doesn't seem like that big a wish...
Picture... Here is a little something I made today, being all productive like, and I used stuff I already had...it's so unlike me, I don't even recognize myself...my pillow is even sewed shut...that's like 2 Christmas miracles wrapped into one...
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Posted by Rachael at 12:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thumbs aloft on this post, Rach. Thumbs aloft.
I love the pillow and the comments about the kids. Makes me remember I need to blog a bit myself!
Post a Comment