
My favorite part of the day with Colton is laying with him at bed time. It is when I hear the most about his day. I love just listening to the things he remembers from school. It's so fun just letting his mind wander, and seeing what things seemed significant enough to him to talk about. Here are some of my favorites....
*Colton telling Kent and I about a boy named One in his class, I'm thinkin' it's really Juan...
*I asked him how school was he said "Good, no just medium" When asked why he replied, "Recess was boring, the same people just chased me."
*"Mom, today Miss Maxwell wore a green dress"
"Really? Was it pretty?"
"No, there wasn't anything on it, it was just green"
*I walked in on the tail end of this conversation
Colton: That's like his short name?
Spencer: No, that's just his name!
Colton: No, I mean like that isn't really his name it's just what you call him
Spencer(getting miffed):No! That's just his name!
Me: What are you guys talking about?
Both the Boys: Our P.E. teachers names
Me: Spencer what's your P.E. teachers name?
Spencer: Mr. D
Me: Colton, what's yours?
Colton: Mr. C
Maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was hilarious.
*He learns a new poem every week, and I love listening to him read them, he does the voice fluctuations! Too cute!
*Every Monday he comes home and tells me, "Well, I'm not the Star Student again"
*Laughing, "It was so funny today, they caught Payson cause they thought it was me!" And more laughing
*Kent and I were both laying with him and he told us how a boy in his class said he could beat the big kids at 'tedder ball' We both start cracking up. Kent had to tell him it's tether ball, every time I tried I started laughing...
*He doesn't want to wear long sleeves or pants because "the sweatier I get, the slower I get"
*He got some new shoes, and he told me he wants to wear them every day because they make him run 'super fast'. So me being me, I didn't want him going to school thinking he would run faster than the day before just because he had new shoes, and then be disappointed, yada yada, so I told him that it isn't just the shoes that make you fast. That you have to practice running, and the more you run the faster you will get. That if you spend more time playing outside than playing video games, you will get faster. He looked at me and said, "So because I play a lot of video games, that's why I'm slow?" About 10 minutes later I think he understood the point I was trying to make.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Colton and Kindergarten
Posted by Rachael at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Colton's picture turned out so cute! When I lay down with Natalie at night after reading stories is when I get the most from her about school, too. The random stuff she comes up with cracks me up. Kindergarten is the best! Apparently the star student status is pretty important stuff...we hear about that a lot, too. :-)
oh. my. word. Dennis and I were literally laughing out loud reading these. You mean, because I play a lot of video games, that's why i'm slow?! Such an epiphany! And I love the sweaty one too. Sooooo funny. I miss you guys so much!
I can hear completely Colton and Spencer's conversation about their PE teachers names! That was the best!
I love the stuff kids say! Especially what they find worthy to tell us about school. Payson is constantly talking about One Vincent in his class! Bill and I always say, "Are you sure it's not JUAN Vincent?" And he is always adamant, "No, it's ONE Vincent."
Post a Comment