I always have the hardest time knowing where or how to start...do I go through every little detail of yesterday and today, a play by play of sorts...do I make a list, like a highlight reel...do I randomly just start somewhere in the middle like a pause in a conversation...that one seems a bit unnatural, because when I'm talking there typically isn't a pause. Some mumbling for sure, but a pause not so much. But on the other hand, starting up a conversation like the last one never stopped is definitely something I can do....hmmm
How about I start with the random thought I had because of my last sentence. On my Uncle Pete's and Aunt Suzanne's last visit we were talking about words and random things and I said "I can never remember how to spell definitely" and my cousin David told me it's de+finite, if you just say it like that you'll remember how to spell it. And now I think about him and his tip every time I type it. Fun fact right?
So yesterday was the fourth of July. My grandma didn't end up making it down for the parade and I was super tired so I decided we would skip it. I was torn between sleep and guilt, and sleep ended up winning. Until it lost a hard fight to guilt when Aubrey curled up in a sad little ball when she realized we missed it. I asked her why she was so upset and she said in a small, sad, little voice "because we always go" Even now, when I type this my guts twist and I wish I could take it all back. Rip out heart. Stomp it. So, this will go down in history as that one year we didn't make it, cause next year we will be there carrying on our family tradition.
A little later, when her emotions had made a full recovery I had the best time making peanut butter cookies with her. Aubs can roll and fork press a pb cookie better than I can...I love moments like those...
We spent the day at Denice's and then we all headed over to Amy's to watch the fireworks. Then after the lamest finale ever Ryan and Steph, Taryn and Vicki, and Kent's dad came over and lit some fire crackers at our house...I'm gonna skip the part where I was a total pissball about it at first. I'm pretty sure Kent is one "so annoying" rant away from having me committed. It worked out well in the end...no fires, no injuries, no cops, no fines...Happy Birthday America
Today I sent Addy to her room for pinching Aubrey. Besides saying anything and everything inappropriate about poop, butts, and privates, her bad habit has been pinching. I have to back up for a minute, she actually pinched her this morning first, and I told her that it hurts people and it's not ok, and she needed to say sorry, and in the tiniest voice possible she insisted that she was too scared to say sorry. But, with a little threatening she was able to overcome her fears. So, back to the second time today that she pinched her sister. I sent her running and crying to her room, and after awhile she came out to talk to me, she said sorry when prompted, and then got yet another in her face lecture/threatening. She sat with me quietly for awhile, and then went off to play. Later tonight, when I was sitting with her on the swing at Denice's she asked me "mom, why were you so mean to me?" What?! I asked her when and she told me "when I pinched Aubwey"
Kinda makes me feel like maybe she missed the point....
Pictures....
4th of July....
No matter how hard I tried, using a stupid camera phone I could't get one of everyone in focus...blurry pictures are my kryptonite...
Addy, Lani, and Lily playing, they were so cute...the little table was still outside tonight and Addy ate her dinner there at the 'restaurant'...
this was at 11:30, sleeping in, having no idea her mom was about to shatter her parade dreams...
It so quickly went from this, to Addy rolling around on the floor, kicking the table, and whining that Aubrey wouldn't give her a turn...
and yes, it might be confusing, those are in fact yesterday's clothes and hair...so what, who cares
Steph and Ryan were over with the kids today, and when they were leaving the girls ran after them outside, so I went out to bring them back in, but I couldn't find Addy anywhere...until Aubrey pointed and said "she's right there!" I totally didn't notice her at all!
then Aubs had to try it...and she was annoyed Addy wouldn't get out of her picture...and when we left later on, we couldn't find Aubrey, and of course, she was hiding in the sidelight. It's the weirdest feeling to know you literally walked right past them and had no idea...



.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Holy Crap Rach, you're blogging again!!! Glad to know the World has not ended, I was beginning to wonder! :-)
Cute pics of the kiddos, I can't get over how big Addy looks. And I can't believe it's going to be a whole other freakin year before we get to see you all... Let's just say I haven't quite lost all hope, but I am still very much devastated at the thought of it.
David will be thrilled to hear that you are using his spelling tips!
Post a Comment